(169) *Requested* The Mathlete Competition - Platonic Moceit

Start from the beginning

"Did he say he had kids?"

"Yeah, twins. The way he spoke of them though I thought they were five year olds. He said they were 'complete adorable chaos'." From a distance the twins on the Prince Academy team did seem chaotic, whispering a million miles an hour to their teammates and shouting a little too excitedly when they found the answer first. "I think he said they were named Roman and Remus?"

The fathers watched their son's competition and laughed about the embarrassment if Janus' date was supporting the competing school in this very rare competition (compared to the amount of football and basketball games the middle and high school held). The competition soon came to an end and unfortunately Logan's team was a few points away from the win. Patton ran to his son straight away in case he needed support.

But Logan didn't seem too upset at the loss (which was surprising as he was usually quite competitive). "There's always next year Dad, it's fine!" Logan cheered, giving both fathers a hug just so they were comforted. "I helped the other team win anyway."

"You did?" Logan adored teaching people things so it wasn't difficult to believe that he taught someone a mathematical theory. But Logan was also very competitive so it was unusual for Logan's teaching skills to be dedicated to his evening enemies.

Logan nodded and pointed towards the twins, where one was throwing himself onto a piggy-back while the other talked calmly to a student on their team. "Those kids were trying to figure out exponents and couldn't understand it, so I helped them after Miss Burrow gave us the pep-talk. And then the last question was on exponents."

Patton was going to drag his son into a hug but he didn't have quick enough reaction time, as it seemed at the speed of light one of the twins had jumped onto Logan's back. The nerdy eleven year old squeaked but laughed and helped support the twin's balance. "Remus you've gotta learn about momentum before you try random piggy-backs!"

"Oh God they are the twins." Janus whispered to Patton under his breath while Logan was distracted through Remus' (and presumably Roman's) chatter. At least the twins didn't seem to be supervised yet - that didn't stop Patton giggling at his best friend's embarrassment. Janus covered his eyes by placing his thenar webspace between his glabella, meaning only Patton had a pair of eyes. And Patton could spot a man in a purple hoodie make his way from the bleachers towards the twins.

The hoodie wearer shouted towards the twins, and the voice caused Janus to raise his head. "Roman, Remus! Come on, we've got to get to McDonalds before they close for the night." The man walked over to the twins and therefore Logan and his parents, the pre-teens were exchanging phone numbers so they could all hang out in the city one weekend that Janus had custody. It was good Logan was getting city friends.

Janus' cheeks pinked again as he met the other man's eyes, and he placed a hand on Logan's shoulder. Patton and Janus had yet to tell Logan that Janus was dating again, and the other man seemed to know that as he just nodded and said: "Hey Janus."

"Hey Virgil." Janus chirped again like a nervous high schoolers he tried to contain himself. "Uh... This is Patton by the way, my ex-husband, and you've already seemed to have met my son - Logan." Janus nudged each member of the family once he said their name, and then he leant down slightly to speak to specifically Logan. "Logan, Virgil is a friend of mine."

"Does that mean he can sleepover next weekend?" Remus screamed and bounced under his father's supportive hands. "Please!"

Virgil laughed softly and ruffled his sons' hair. "Sure, Jan and I will organise something." And with that the twins ran off towards the door presumably in order to get takeaway for dinner. "It was nice to see you three, see you around."

Janus' face was completely red as both parents were left alone for a moment since Logan had run off to support a teammate who hadn't taken the loss well. Patton giggled and rolled his eyes at his best friend's expression. "Careful Jan, your gayness is showing."

"Oh shut up you simped for me worse in 10th grade." Janus snapped back in a matched jokey tone. Eventually Janus managed to calm his cheeks again just in time for Logan to return again and demand a short trip to the library for a new book to read as a reward for leaving the house. "Should I take it from here for you?"

Patton had told Janus that he had some recording to do for his daycare business tonight, so he was thankful to have an hour or two alone. And Logan loved library visits with his Dad too. "Thanks Jan." The parents hugged and separated to continue their separate lives. Logan was returned to Patton's home after a few hours in the library, and was given a blueberry muffin to have for dessert. That next weekend Patton took the drive to the city to drop Logan off at Janus' two bedroom apartment, and the next night he received plenty of photos of Logan at a sleepover with his possible future stepbrothers.

A couple years later there was a purple and yellow wedding that Patton and Logan were best men to, and in the wedding speech Patton said a sentence that wasn't often uttered by high school sweethearts. But it defined all of Patton's happiness in life: "I'm so glad we broke up."