"Did your second near-death experience scare the therapist out of you?" Mika asks, dusting the particles from the floor off her dusty pink dress. "Okay. Fine. No sex. That doesn't mean I won't try to change your mind. What do you have in mind?"

"Why don't we bake a cake together?"

"Bake a cake? Seriously?" Mika cheekily retorts. "That's your big idea?"

My eyes narrow. "It's special because we're doing it together. It's an excuse for us to spend time together and eat. Best of both worlds."

"Mmm," Mika hums, tapping her chin. "Well, I do look sexy in nothing but an apron. It showcases one of the best features of my body-- my ass." She tugs at her puff off the shoulder sleeve and takes her arm out of it.

With a shaky breath, I grab onto her clothes to keep her from stripping any further. "While I do agree and love to admire your attributes. I rather not give a free show to the workers in my house." I press my lips against her bare shoulder. "I don't want anyone else to get a look at you. You're all mine."

"Your adorable nose." I kiss it. "Your squishable cheeks." I kiss them both. "Your jaw." I kiss a trail down her jawline. "Your oddly pointed elf ears." My mouth latches onto her earlobe, sucking harshly and earning a soft moan from her. "Your neck." This time I'm sloppy, leaving open wet kisses down her neck. My hand slips through the sweetheart line of the dress, squeezing her hardened peaks between my fingertips.

"Your fucking perfect breasts." I lower my head, savagely sucking on her pinkish nipples like a madman. Mika gnaws at her lip, breathing roughly, as she thrusts her fingers in my hair. She grabs onto a hand full of hair, using it to stir me like her own personal toy.

"Mmmm," she moans, her half-lid eyes drowsy with lust. "If you keep this up... I don't think I'll want to bake a cake. Why can't you take both of us out of our misery and fuck me already? I like it rough, Muñeco."

I laugh as I remove my lips from around her nipples. "I'm sorry to disappoint Princesa, but I'll make up for this later. Right now, we're going to bake a cake and watch the fireworks from the rooftop. It's not the fourth of July without fireworks."

Mika's face is flush pink, fanning herself as she uses her other free hand to fix her dress. "I'm going to get you so good for this, Muñeco. Just you wait."

I'm scrubbing the paint off my hand when Mika struts out the room with attitude lace in her hips. Fuck. She's going to torture me the first chance she gets. I'm equally terrified yet intrigued. Using my uninjured hand, I untie the apron from my waist and hang it on the empty rack, running after my girlfriend. My studio is on the bottom floor, but Mika somehow flies to the fourth foundation where my kitchen is.

"Tomate un descanso. Asiel y yo cocinaremos algo para ustedes," Mika says, helping the eldest chef Sara, untie her apron. "Tienes alguna preferencia?"

(Take a break. Asiel and I will cook something for you. Do you have a preference?")

Sara shakes her head, knocking the bun holding her thin grey hair off her head. "En realidad, no. Solo precocupate de alimentar a Asiel. No ha comido mucho desde que le dieron el alta en el hospital."

(To be honest, no. I'm just worried about feeding Asiel. He hasn't eaten much since he was discharged from the hospital.)

Mika nods, sporting a small smile as she pulls her puffy sleeves up her arms. Why is Sara putting things in Mika's head? I don't need her worrying about taking care of me. She already does way more than I can ever repay. She is my lifeline. The reason I even bother trying to fight my enemies when inside, I'm trembling in terror. Mika taught me to stand my ground, and I will, for her. So, I can spend another day on this lousy planet with the love of my life.