Chapter 73: "Nuclear Revelations"

Post your reactions as you read!

"Your dad knew Grand chief Sulaiman?!" Salma's eyes widened with excitement.

"Yes, he did but I meant your other granddad," Jason replied.

"My other --?"

"Rahman Agha Hi," Jason continued. "My dad ran into him on pure chance at some global leaders' convention for shaping sustainable development policy."

"Oh!" Salma said as it dawned on her. Her paternal Grandfather Rahman Agha Ji was naturalist. He ran a wolf conservatory. It only made sense that Jason's dad ran into him at the convention. Two scientists trying to prolong the planet's life in their own capacity. Made sense.

"Your grandpa being the sharp man that he was, realized who he was talking too," Jason said. "Although US government had been doing their best to keep 'Eden' a secret, several intelligence agencies had found out. Word was that the man whose hand Rahman Agha ji was shaking could potentially build an anti-nuclear shield around an entire country. Rahman Agha Ji decided to test the waters. He casually told my dad, 'If only there was a way to protect the world from complete destruction.' My father also tried his luck and conveyed to your grandfather a message in Morse."

"Agha Ji Baba understood Morse?!" Salma asked, surprised.

"Of course he did," Jason replied as if it was common knowledge. "The man was sharp as a knife with eyes and ears on everything."

"That's interesting," Salma murmured. "I've only met him a couple of times so I don't know much. He used to take me to see the wolves. I recall him being a very friendly and loving old man."

"You should thank your stars!" Jason cried. "He's known to have a stricter side and it's frightening! Commander Rahman has a similar bifurcation of extreme personalities. When he's calm, he's the fatherliest father. When he's mad, run for the hills!"

Salma chuckled.

"So what was the message?"

"Kidishi."

"What?!"

"That's it! That's all he did."

"Wow!

"A one worded reply to his comment, to let him know it was possible, while he smiled and said, 'Every sane man does.'"

"And the people spying on him didn't pick on it?" Salma asked, her eyes becoming saucers of interest.

"From what I've heard, your grandpa was holding my dad's hands. My dad is supposed to have codded the message by alternating on how much pressure he applied on his hand. Your grandpa understood the assignment. He figured there was people watching my dad and that he could not talk openly.

"Your grandpa put him on the radar of the premier of Sthooriya, Grand Chief Sulaiman. He was known for his campaign for Nuclear disarmament. My father could not find a better person to help him. Grand Chief Sulaiman did not waste time in installing several Green Coats and informants around the scientist. The chef, the janitor, the agent watching him for the government; he suddenly had a lot of people passing him messages. My dad got scared of a ploy by the government. As intelligent as he was, he was super suspicious of everyone. He thought the people pretending to be Grand Chief Sulaiman's people were actually U.S agents trying to see if he was making contact with anyone. However, his worries were eased when he was asked to attend the 'Global Nuclear Disarmament Summit' being held in Hiroshima by the government and met Grand Chief Sulaiman on the sidelines."

"Why would the government ask him to attend a summit like that?" Salma asked.

"They were hoping to inspire him to try to make the shield work," Jason said. "They thought he needed to be reminded of the kind of destruction he could stop. Only problem was, he did not trust them to use it to stop that destruction. He figured the shield would upset the fragile deterrence the world had. It would only give the US the necessary reassurance that in case they wanted to, they could survive a repeat of Hiroshima."