Chapter 16: "Isolated and Hijacked"

How's your ramadhan coming up, everyone🌼? Anyways, have fun reading the chapter. It's going to be a bumpy ride😉! Comments, pwease! 🥺

Idea occurred at April 13th 2019

Written on Feburary, 10, 2021

Ignoring her sinking heart and sweaty palms, Salma looked around when the range rover stopped. The windows were covered in blinds but she knew it was too soon for them to have reached the airport. No one else seemed bothered. Ghamey's mother continued to scroll through her phone while her son looked bored.

Salma startled when the rover's door was yanked open. The bright light from the deserted street outside blinded her. When her vision adjusted, she saw the spy, Toryal, standing in front of her, his hand at the ready on a revolver, semi-concealed in his jacket.

"Get out!" he barked, all traces of his earlier respectful tone lost.

Salma swallowed, glancing back at her would-be mother-in-law and –

Her stomach churned with disgust, unable to finish the thought.

They kept ignoring her. A ripple of nerves crawled and itched over Salma's skin. The threatening voice in her head snarled, welcoming her to a life of imprisonment and humiliation.

Ya Allah, watch over me! Salma prayed silently, climbing out of the range rover with jittery steps. Her knees felt weak and hands ice cold as she took in the unfamiliar road.

"Move," Toryal jerked his head towards the black car parked just ahead. Salma's heart pounded madly. Where were they taking her?

The question had barely formulated in her head when the range rover's engine roared to life. She spun around on her heels. A tremble shook her spine watching the Rover speed away. They had just left? Leaving her stranded in the middle of nowhere, with a ruthless murderer and a car full of men?

She felt a shove on her back, forcing her towards the car. Salma stumbled. Her head was spinning.

"Th-there are ju-st m-men?!" Salma struggled with her words.

Toryal turned to her with an incredulous brow raised, and his nostrils flaring in anger. He was clearly not used to being questioned. Not at all by vermin, anyway.

"And?" he snapped. "Get in the car!"

"I – I can't sit –"

Salma gasped when a vice like grip pinched her arm, shaking her.

"You listen to me and you listen well!" Toryal hissed, getting in her face. Salma pulled away from him. His sharp features and cold-grey eyes were shredding her soul away from her body. "I am not in the habit of repeating myself!" he continued. "You either do as I say, or I make you do as I say. We clear?"

Salma tried to get her head back in order. She was overwhelmed. She couldn't let this happen.

"POEY SHWEY KU NA?!" he thundered, shaking her roughly.

Salma inhaled a deep shaky breath. She nodded, more to evade his anger than actually than anything.

"Der kha!"

Before she could so much as think of resisting him or standing her ground, a rough push send her knocking towards the backseat of the car, where she landed unceremoniously. The faint tremble that overtook her body when she left the house, was no longer faint. It was a full-blown shuddering session. As if on autopilot, Salma straightened herself with shaking hands and pulled her unstable feet into the car. The panic attack had taken over. Her head was swimming and vision blurred by tears. Her brain could not work anything out but to comply with orders so as to protect the body from the immediate threat.