Chapter 47: "Locked up!"

Post your reactions as you read! I'm really missing the comment spams guys!

First draft: July, 2018

"Sprinter!" Sarah snapped, watching him disappear into the crowd at breakneck speed. "He's a sprinter! How do I catch up with him now?!"

Niall, who had barely managed to stand up, shrugged helplessly.

Sarah looked around for some sorts of an answer. Her eyes zeroed on something behind Niall. Niall glanced over his shoulder. Someone was racing down the pavement on a skateboard.

"Call the police," Sarah instructed as she started walking towards the pavement, keeping her eyes on the prey. "Tell them there's a potential murder happening at the alley behind physics department."

"What?" Niall asked, perplexed.

He didn't find out as he witnessed the mad girl's madness. She struck her hand out and knocked the student off of his skate board.

"Whoa!" The unsuspecting victim flew off his feet and landed flat on his behind on the grass.

"I need to borrow that," Sarah told the bewildered kid calmly, jerking her thumb at the speeding skate board running down the pavement.

"What – no!"

"Thank you!" the nutter replied as she broke into a run and mounted the board. "I'll return it!"

"Hey! Hey! Get back here! Give me my board! Stop!"

Niall shook his head to clear it.

"I need to call the cops," he muttered under-breath, turning away from the shouting kid chasing after Sarah. "I need to call the cops before pigs start flying or something!"

***

Salma heart was pounding like a drum. Her eyes were going haywire, and yet they were focused on the dark bore of the gun pointed at her.

"They lack the brains to have made it so complex," Ghamey spat. His eyes red and raw. He had clearly been drinking. "I don't even know why Agha Gul would let a pest like you live so long!"

Salma took a step back when he advanced towards her, only there was nowhere to go. She could run to the mouth of the alleyway, but the bullet would still find her. She could try calling for help or initiate emergency protocol but the gun would still out-race her on the clock and beat her in fulfilling its purpose. Besides, considering the fact that her Shadows had not showed up already, it was quite clear they had no idea she was seconds from dying.

"I've had enough, and I'll end this nuisance right here, right now!" Ghamey bared his teeth, cocking the gun. "Strike at the root cause of all the evil!"

Despite the silencer muffling the sound, Salma still felt her eardrums rip as the shot was fire. A series of strangled gasps emanated from her lips as she backtracked uncontrollably. Her fingers were shaking like a leaf, her unstable frame unable to hold. Salma held onto the wall for support, watching the gun being forced up into the air with wide eyes.

"Stop it!" a chill command raked her spine with shivers.

Shuddering and shocked senseless, Salma felt a cold sweep over her as the icy grey eyes turned on her. Her did a quick once over to make sure she was not shot before turning his attention back on the struggling, squeaking pig that had tried to shoot her.

"PREYGMEDA! TORYAL LALA, PREGMEDA WARTA!" Ghamey yelled to be let go as the spy, clad in all black, knocked the gun off of his hand with a swift knock to his writs. "