Chapter 17: "Man down!"

⚠️Guys, the dates mentioned before each part doesn't indicate the timing of the scenes. These are dates of when I first wrote or had the idea of the scene. I see a few people getting confused. These are just interesting tidbits, but if it's a problem, I'll stop posting them🌼.

Anyways, comment as you read 🤗

April 13th 2019

Salma impulsively turned around to take a look at the approaching biker but found the reflection of her own scared eyes staring back at her. The windshield was tinted.

"You two," Toryal spoke to the stinking perverts on either side of her. "Be ready to take aim just in case."

Salma's pulse started pounding in her ears. The guards withdrew their weapons and loaded them. She was not sure who the rider was and if he was even pursuing them. Salma contemplated on the attacking the driver to stop him from luring the biker into a trap, when he suddenly stepped on the breaks and she lurched forward.

"It's cops up ahead!"

Salma pulled herself back just in time to realize what the driver had screamed about. Down the street, she could just make out the cop cars barricading the streets.

"Get rid of the guns! Uncuff her! Uncuff her!" Toryal yelled. While the two guards started searching for the keys, Toryal grabbed her by the neck and choked her.

"You better back up my story, or you'll be burying your brother's body, one piece a day for the rest of the year!"

Salma gasped for a breath as he let go. Her head was spinning. She tried to make sense of what he was trying to do. Her ears rang. There was some sort of an announcement going on. Salma took in deep breaths in an attempt to get her bearings back again.

"This is the police!" The amplified voice announced. "Do not resist, I repeat, do not resist and give up the hostage! This is the police --"

It was only then that Salma realized Toryal's panic. The cops had been alerted by someone. They knew she was being kidnapped and Toryal was going to use her word to claim otherwise.

I see . . .

Many things happened at the same time. The guard to her right grabbed her hands to uncuff her. Salma snatched her hands away, and elbowed him in the eye. Impulsively, she threw her still cuffed hands over the headrest of the passenger seat and around Toryal's neck, then she crossed her hands and pulled with all her might. Toryal choked. Salma was only mildly aware of the cops still shouting warnings, and the guards using brutal force to push her forth so that Toryal could have the breathing space. But Salma persisted in pushing her back into the seat, and her feet against the mats.

Just when she thought the guards would resort to breaking her arms, a baseball bat poked in as the window to her right smashed. The door was yanked opened and the guard dragged out. She saw the remaining guard pull out his gun. Salma bent her elbows, long enough to sag behind Toryal seat. Still choking him, she used her now free leg to aim a good kick at the guard. His head jerked and banged against the window. He barely got the time to collect himself when his side of the window smashed. A nasty crack of a bat knocking a skull, and he was dragged outside. The driver, getting confused by everything happening around him, stepped out to help his friend. Salma could hear the grunts and groans of the fight ensuing outside, but she was too focused on squeezing the life out of a certain beast to care.

Toryal reached behind blindly, trying to grab her arms. Salma made a rough yank downwards. Gurgling sounds escaped his lips as he struggled but Salma refused to let go.