Another Adventure

Start from the beginning

“Well now you know I suppose.”

“So do you think you could play this song on the guitar or something?”

He shrugged, “Maybe. It would be kind of hard considering I don’t play much anymore.”

                “How many years did you play for?”

                “Probably about 12. I got pretty good at it too, but I don’t practice like I used to.”

                “Well you should change that. Playing an instrument is a great skill to have.”

                “Oh god, you sound EXACTLY like my mom! She said the same thing to me when she forced me into piano lessons.”

                “Well your mom was a smart woman then,” I smiled.

                “Yeah…she was,” he murmured with a far-off look. “Oh hey, we’re almost there!”

                I looked around but it I didn’t see anything distinguishing. “How do you know?” I asked.

                “I came here a million times when I was younger. I have every tree, every rock memorized.”

                “Are you going to tell me now where exactly ‘here’ is?”

                “Nope.”

                “Wonderful.”

                We drove through an unpaved dirt road in the forest that seemed to lead to nowhere…or maybe off a cliff. If I hadn’t become more trusting of Damon I would probably be accusing him of planning to murder me out here.  When the path became too narrow, Damon stopped the car.  We both got out and began to walk with him leading the way.  We walked theought the last few trees into a small clearing where a stream flowed through the cracks of ice

                “We’re almost there,” he announced, “It’s much better here in the spring and summer, but obviously it’s still winter and it’s been a while since I’ve come out here.”

                “It’s still breathtakingly beautiful,” I assured him.  Following the stream,  we watched as it gradually widened.  

                After a good 25 minutes I was about to complain about my feet wanting to fall off when Damon stopped abruptly in front of me.

                “Why’d you stop?” I asked anxiously.

“We’re here,” he said. Although his back was turned, I could hear the grin stretched across his lips.

                “Ah! Finally!”

                “Close your eyes,” he ordered.

                “But why,” I frowned as my shoulders slumped.

                “Just do it.”

I sighed,” Alright Nike advocate.”

                He rolled his eyes and grinned just before I closed mine. I felt the air of his hand waving around in front of mine.

                “They’re closed doofus.”

                “Then how did you know I was testing it?”