A weakness?

I knew what it meant to be seen with my hero. I knew the consequences the hero commission taught us if we were ever to be seen with them. We were shadows. We were none existence and as such beings, we were not allowed to leave any trace behind that indicates that we were alive.

This was why I couldn't go with the hero eventho he offered it to me. Not only that but I had better things to do. I was a bit hungry so what?! It wasn't as if I didn't survive until now with some food every 3 days or so.

Me: Look I appreciate everything but this is going to far. 

I finally started looking up at the hero while talking to him. It took me a while to figure out what I was feeling and it was attachment and happiness. Both of the feelings were bad for me. I wasn'T allowed to feel this way. I couldn't! I would risk everything. 

I have to distance myself.

It's just a day I've been here and he makes me feel like a human again...

I can't have that.

I will want to feel like this more.

This is dangerous!

I have to get away from him!

This is definitelly not good.

I don't deserve this!

Endeavor: Guess we having sometihng ordered here then. 

Me: Didn't you hear me?

Endeavor: I did but if it is just because you are a shadow, then let me order it here.

Me: No thank you.

Endeavor: Izu, you are too light and hungry. If you gonna be my shadow then you will have to start eating properly.

Me: That has nothing to do with my ability to fight or protect you.

Endeavor: Izu, listen. I am used not to have a shadow. I can fight and protect myself. You are now in Japan and not in America anymore. The hero commission here is different.

Me: How do you know that?

Endeavor: Believe me Izu. I know.

Me: OH YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Endeavor: ....

Me: I am sorry... I just can't get attached to you. Thank you for making me feel like a human again but this is as far as this is going.

That was all I said before running towards the hatch which was 3 meters above the ground. I still had my ways to get up and out of the room. Thankfully the hero let me go and I stayed in the hatch the whole day being close to my hero in case he needed something. This was my job. This was what I was doing and used to do.

I can't get him in danger because I get to attached...

This is more than dangerous.

What if I get too attached and then make a mistake?

What if the underworld is coming after me?

What if he gets in trouble because someone made a connection between me and him?

I can't have that.

I can't afford to lose another hero.

I just can't!

As I was thinking towards myself, all of the sudden I saw a delivery guy coming into the office. He had a couple of plastic bags filled with food with him. Endeavor took all of them and it was only after the delivery guy left that he took a chair went to the hatch where I was and stood on it with a bag. It was obvious that he was offering it to me and it smelled soo good too.