What's a shadow?

Endeavor's POV:

I could tell how tired this kid was and that was also why I simply decided toleave it with that. I was happy that he told me his name. It was a beginning knowing he wanted to be called Izu which probably was a shortcut for his real name. Otherwise jt wouldn't make much sense to me.

After I guided him to a room which not so long ago was the guest room, I made sure that it was dark and that he could change into something more comfortable. My son's cloths were a bit to big for this skinny child but it was better than nothing.

Thankfully he immediately went to the bed and dropped down nearly dead on it too. It gave me quite to shock to see him do that. Not only that but it didn't take a second after that, that I could hear some very faint breathing.

You were this tired and still wanted to escape?

Kid you are built different.

Why would you even run away?

I told you I would take you in and not because you are a shadow....

Come to think of it....

I definitely should check what a hero is.

With that idea jn mindI wrnt to my study room and immediately to the phone. There was just one person that could tell me what he went through. That very person wasn't even a person but a chimera.

As much as I would have loved giving Nezu a call, I couldn't. That rat would get way too interested in this kid and I didn't wanted that.

So in thr end I called the one person who would know more about the kid. It was the hero commission and the same guy that delivered him to me too.

A/N: I'll use HC for hero commission.

HC: Hello Endeavor, how can I help ya?

Me: The kid you-

HC: You mean your shadow. You do realize that he is more dangerous than any villain.

Me: What?

HC: Oh you don't know?

Me: Tell me everything you know.

HC: About what? You have to be more specific. You want more information on your Shadow or you want information about shadows?

Me: Bith.

HC: All right.

Me: ....

HC: Okay first up what is a shadow? Well that question is actually easy to answer. A shadow is someone who is working behind your back. They are supposed to never appear in public and eliminate any threat to you or the community you serve.

Me: By eliminate you mean...

I got a bad feeling once I heard him say eliminate.

It's not what I think he means!

How could they make a kid do that?

No... It can't be!

Is this why he meant his hands are bloody?!

No!

HC: Kill, Remove them from the face of earth, Hide them, Torture them... Etcetera etcetera! You know they are good at this! From what I heard they can eliminate someone so that not even thr best detective will find any evidence or rest of the body.

I felt myself getting pale just by thinking what this kid must have went through. Chills were running down my spine. It is not a good thing for a kid to know how to do this.

HC: Anyways that's why they are trained to only listen to their heroes and do things in their well-being in mind. Don't worry he won't harm you or your family tho. Shadows protect their hero as well as the family and their friends so that they could serve the society whole heart!

Me: ....

HC: Are you still there?

Me: Yes.

HC: You don't like this, do you?

Me: ... How the fucking hell should I like this!

HC: Well on the plus side-

Me: There is a plus side?

HC: Yes! Shadows are banned in our country. After a numerous of them going haywire on us we decided not to create any of them.

Me: Oh but taking in one is fine?

HC: ... You have no plan at all.

Me: Me? You guys are the fucking lunatics.

HC: Listen! If we didn't take him in, he would be dead. The american hero commission would commission an official request to the shadows to kill him.

Me: THE FUCK!

HC: In our terms shadows know too much and can tern against them. This is the reason they are taken care off after the hero dies. This kid got lucky that he is number 1 and they see use in him, otherwise he would be dead by now.

Me: ....

HC: So about the kid now or do you still have questions?

Me: How did his hero die?

HC: He failed to see a trap in time. The moment he came to get his hero out of there it was already to late. The hero decided to safe him but ended up dying instead.

Me:...

HC: something else?

Me: I heard enough about that.

HC: As for person information... There is actually not much about him at all. We do know that he is from Japan and only moved over when he was 4.

Me: ... I heard enough.

HC: You sure?

Me: Yes. It's not your place to tell his story.

HC: All right. Is there anything else you need?

Me: No... Well yes.

HC: what's up?

Me: Why didn't he wanted to come back with me home to rest?

HC: *Sigh* What on he is to work in the shadows and out of the eyes is not to understand.

Me: So you telling me that he won't even be facing me?

HC: No. What I am saying is that he will try not to be seen by others entering your house as well as your family.

Me: I see....

HC: He is trained so you don't have to worry about him at all.

Me: He is just a kid!

HC: That is the best age to train them.

Me: Fucking Maniac!

HC: I understand you are nto thrilled about it but that is the current situation at hand.

Me: Tsk.

That was my last word before I just put down the call. Not only was I furious but also sad for the kid to hear his job description. Not only that but this kid was trained for his life to do exactly that and nothing else. The worst fact was that when a heri dies the shadow would be taken care off. Not only was this inhumane but also so barbaric!

I hated the thought and would do everything for the kid to open up. Who knows what could happen when he did.