A new heroes shadow

I still couldn't believe it. It all was soo unbelievable. My limelight hero that I served as a shadow died because of a mistake they made eventho I did my whole job and I got the blame for it. I warned them and tried everything to not get them killed. My injuires that lasted me a week in a hospital with constant healing quirk treatment was profe of that. I nearly died back there. The only reason I was alive was because I had extreme luck. 

Right after I recovered I got kicked out of the shadow program. 

It wasn't as if I knew something else....

My whole life I've been a shadow.

I only know how to act like one and the hero commission in America abandoned me and send me over to Japan. At least I got a second chance and had a new hero to serve. 

Man: Are you nerves to meet our number 2?

Me: No. I served the number 3 of America.

Man: Oh you fluent in our language.

Me: Yeah... It's been long that I've been here.

The last part came only out as a whisper since I could still remember the days when I got diagnosed quirkless. It was the day my mother or more like birth giver decided to sell me off to the hero commission in America because they pay more for a quirkless child. This was also the day I died and lost my real name.

A shadow doesn't have a name after all.

I am just a nobody.

No one will ever gonna miss me at all.

It wasn't my fault that he died.....

Still I was suppose to give my life to save them.

Why couldn't I die....

It was my place and role.

I failed in it!

I am always a failure!

This time I will make sure my hero won't die!

I was sitting in the car with someone of the hero commission headquarters from Japan. It wasn't soo long that my flight landed and I got picked up. Now we were on the way to my hero and I was curious to see how he was. I only heard rumors about Endeavor the number 2 hero as well as All Might the number 1 and Hawks the number 3.

Man: So how long have you been a shadow?

Me: For the past 6 years now.

Man: That long?

Me: Yeah. 

Man: Well that is quite the accomplishment young man. Oh by the way, I didn't get your name?

Me: Call me Ghost. 

Man: Ghost? Is that your hero name or something?

Me: You could say that....

I am a shadow....

I don't have a name and it's not as if I could use my real name since I am offcially dead.

A shadow isn't worth having a hero name since we never are put down or revealed.

We work literally in the shadows....

I got used to being called Ghost....

Well maybe this hero will give me a new name since it's their choise to name us.

I wonder....

Man: We still have around 20 minutes of a drive, so tell me where you ever in Japan?

Me: Yes.

Man: Really?

Me: Yes. 

Man: What did you do?

Me: Accompany my hero as there was a gathering 2 years ago.

Man: Wait! Does that mean you were there two years ago too?

Me: Yes.

Man: Wow....

2 years ago Japan called backup and my hero was send over as well as Europs number 2 and Australian number 1. However only the american hero had a shadow and that was also the reason he knew everything before the rest.

My job wasn't only to make sure the hero survives but also know everything. I basically live in the underground. Information gathering, survailance, spying.... there were a lot of things a shadow had to do. This was also the reason why we do the dirty work that no one wants to do in the name of keeping peace. 

It was a job where you never knew if you live to see a tomorrow.

In my case,.... I failed to do my job properly and should have died.

Normally when something like this happenes the hero commission decides to out down the shadow because we know more than they like. In order to keep all the secrets safe, they would get rid of us.

This was how I lived my whole life and that was what I expected to happen to me too but I guess being the number 1 ranked shadow has its advantages.

I couldn't say it was a good thing that I survived since I knew that it was my fault for the hero to die.

Man: You the quiet guy, I see.

Me: Can you please focus on driving and less chatting?

Man: All right.

I started looking out of the window and remembered everything I did so far. I had soo many scars all over my body because of the things I did to keep my hero safe. Some where even from the hero commission itself as they trained the quirk they gave me.

Nightmares....

How fitting of a quirk for a useless waste of space like me....

My whole life is a nightmare.

I wish to end it.

This is just dragging.

*Sigh* It's not my own anymore!

How can I think like that!

I have to survive for my hero to perform at their peak!

I will profe that they made a mistake sending me here!

I will profe it!

The rest of the drive the driver was silent and I could focus on just relaxing for a bit. I barely recovered from the last fight where I lost my hero and now I had a lot of training ahead of me to get back to my old shape and do my shadow work on the sides too. This will profe a bit difficult but doable since I went through something like this more than once. Still I never lost a hero at my side....