Chapter 56: Redemption in Your Eyes (Ranboo's POV)

(Ok for all who read the last chapter before Wednesday, June 1st, I changed the age when Dream XD left Drista [5] to 10 cuz the original age didn't make a lot of sense! K byeeee!)

(This chapter is actually relevant to the end of chapter 22 so if you don't understand it much then go check out that chapter)

The four zwapped suddenly through the portal. Ranboo fell onto the ground along with everyone else with his head pounding. He was already injured, but when added to what he had just heard, he felt like his head was going to explode.

"Whoa, you guys ok?!" Puffy exclaimed, running toward them.

"What took you so long, we were waiting forever!" Quakity complained.

"Oh shut it," Drista replied seriously, moving to stand up.

Quakity seemed to have not noticed that Drista was being serious and continued, "You guys took forev-"

Quakity suddenly stopped after spotting how Drista's usually black dot eyes on her mask shined a malicious green, much like Dream's. A shiver ran down Ranboo's spine.

"You three," Drista turned toward Tubbo, Ranboo, and Karl, who had yet to stand up, "What happened in there, stays in there. Understand? "

It seemed at the last word Drista had said, her voice somehow echoed around the strange white void, making Drista seem even more intimidating. Ranboo gulped and nodded, Tubbo and Karl soon doing the same. The dots on Drista's mask cooled, leaving them the usual black once more.

Drista walked up to Ranboo, "Need a hand?"

"Thanks," Ranboo answered as he took the hand offered to him.

Tubbo and Karl seemed to have stood up by then. Everyone stayed silent for a moment.

"Well, should we get going or..." Techno awkwardly asked.

"Yeah, let's get going then," Karl replied, "I've never been here before, it's probably because the portal was conjured up to stay open for so long..." 

"Well, can we get out of here?" Phil asked.

"Yes, we should be able to, this is one of these time void thingies. While you're inside one, all time stops, I read a lot about them," Karl answered.

Karl made another portal with ease.

"Listen, the reason why I didn't want to do this was because when we go to the past, we're gonna be in the exact places we were in before. That's something pretty energy consuming to do. We need to save Tommy as quickly as possible and then return to the present. I can't keep us there for long," Karl explained.

Everyone nodded as they stepped into the portal, and Karl was right, they were right where they were before.

Dream stood right in front of a very much alive Tommy, "Tommy, this is pointless. Let's just go already."

Ranboo wanted to move, he wanted to move so badly, but he couldn't. It wasn't nerves or anything, he physically couldn't move or talk. It seemed everyone else had the same problem seeing how no one reacted or said anything.

Ranboo knew what would happen next, and he was powerless to stop it. He couldn't teleport, he couldn't move, heck he couldn't even talk! He watched the next moments as his eyes widened. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Tommy stepped back before answering, "No, you're- you're not Dream!" 

"What are you talking about Tommy?" Dream asked, taking a step forward, causing Tommy to take another step back.