Chapter 15: Explanation (Phil's POV)

(Yea, I just remembered that the rebuilt l'manburg is called Manburg, so yea, sorry!)

"Wait, Tommy?!" Phil yelled after seeing a cloaked figure at his door.

The cloak covered half of his face, so he wasn't entirely sure it was Tommy. But those wings... They couldn't belong to anyone else.

"Shhhhh!" Tubbo hissed, holding a finger up to his mouth angrily.

"Well, I'm going in," Tommy announced out loud, throwing caution to the wind.

"Uh-" Phil stuttered in confusion as Tubbo and Ranboo entered behind him.

"You idiot!" Do you know what could've happened if a bunch of people were on the streets?!" Tubbo yelled as quietly as he could as Tommy pulled his hood off.

"Yadda, yadda, you worry too much. Ranboob, take care of him," Tommy called.

"His name isn't Ranboob..." Tubbo said deathly quiet.

Tommy looked at Tubbo as he slowly started to walk to the kitchen in fear. Phil, who had already closed the door, started to follow Tommy because he was too old to die.

"Tubbo," Ranboo demanded sternly.

"Fine," Tubbo replied, closing his eyes.

Phil suddenly realized he was backing away from a 15 year old.

"Okay. Everyone, on the couch. NOW,"  Phil ordered.

All the minors sat on a couch obediently. Phil took a breath before taking a seat on the armchair opposite to them. He examined them closely. Ranboo was wearing his usual suit accompanied by a formal red tie. He had horns and a tail. Tubbo was wearing a light brown jacket with a fluffy white collar. Under the jacket, he was wearing muted green overalls with a yellow and dark brown striped shirt underneath. Tommy was wearing what Phil realized was not a cloak, but an extremely long jacket. Underneath it, he wore a blue plaid T-shirt that was just a little too small for him and normal jeans. His hair had grown longer and was braided with flowers laced into them. Also, he noticeably had a lot of bandages.

"So," Phil asked putting his fingers together, "why do I own the pleasure to meet the president himself, his secretary, and an ex-manburg resident?"

"Well-" Tubbo began to explain.

"And why is Tommy in Manburg?!" He shouted.

"Well," Tubbo began again, "Tommy wanted to meet you so-"

"Yeah, sorry Tubbo I lied to you," Tommy admitted regretlessly, "I wanted to talk to him about recent events."

"Uhh," Phil stammered.

"Tommy-" Tubbo started disapprovingly.

"Look Tubbo-" Tommy began.

"OH MY GOD JUST LET ME FUCKING TALK!!!" Tubbo yelled.

Phil watched as Tubbo closed his eyes and breathed slowly. Suddenly, his eyelids flew open and aimed at Tommy sternly.

"Wouldn't it be better if we figured out if it was a one time thing first?!" Tubbo suggested to Tommy through clenched teeth.

"Tommy, he's right, we shouldn't bother Phil over this in the case it's-" Ranboo defended.

"Yeah, I had a feeling you guys would say something like that," Tommy admitted, "but your way is so boring and I don't feel like being bored."

"What is the Minecraft world are you talking about?!" Phil yelled angrily.

He was extremely frustrated that they were talking about things they were hiding from him as if he wasn't there.

"This morning, red eyes," Tommy said quickly as if that explained everything.

"Yeah, I'm going to need a bit more context than that, mate," Phil replied impatiently.

"Ugh, fine! This morning I woke up with red eyes and it-" Tommy began.

"Burned?" Philza asked quietly.

Phil watched as Tubbo and Ranboo turned toward him in shock.

"Aha! I knew it!" Tommy yelled smugly, "You DO know stuff about this!"

 Phil didn't know what to say. He had forgotten that this would happen around now.

"Hmm, you passed out and saw Mumza too, right?" Philza asked.

"I passed out and saw a woman with black hair, golden wings, red eyes, that kind of stuff," Tommy answered

"Yeah that would be Mumza," Phil informed him.

"Ooh..." Tommy muttered.

"What did you say?" Phil asked exhaustedly.

"I asked her who she was in a rude way," Tommy replied timidly.

"Oh god, let's just move to the more important things now," Phil demanded.

Once Phil was sure there was no objection, he continued.

"Okay, this doesn't go for you since you were adopted," Phil told Tubbo.

"Uh, okay," Tubbo replied.

Phil knew that Tubbo wouldn't react much to this fact because he and Tubbo talked about it when he was younger. That was why he said it so bluntly.

"We all know Mumza is the god of death, right?" Phil asked.

All of them nodded except Ranboo.

"You better not tell anyone Ranboob," Tommy warned.

"Okay," Ranboo replied

"Like I was saying before," Phil interrupted, "Mumza is the god of Death. Seeing how she is, she has some... special abilities."

"Uh, okay, reasonable," Tommy answered.

"Some of these powers come with great costs, and you, Wilbur, and Techno, being her biological sons, would inherit some of her power," Phil explained.

Tommy nodded in agreement.

"Seeing how you guys are more human than god, you don't have powers that will help you in any way," Phil continued, "but you all can have red eyes based on your emotions, and this power should develop when you're 20."

"Oh, that explains it-" Tommy began.

"But that's not all," Phil interrupted, "there is a chance that you can have some bad side effects, like how Kristen gets some due to her powers."

Tommy seemed a bit confused.

"Techno's power developed at 7, Wilbur's at 20," Phil continued, "Wil didn't get any side effects, while Techno did."

The Bench trio seemed a bit surprised about this sudden information.

"But I thought you said that-" Tubbo started.

"So," Phil pressed on, "I believe that the younger you are, the more likely you will have side effects."

Phil looked at Tommy seriously.

"So Tommy, do you have voices?"