Chapter 55: Family Isn't Always First (Drista's POV)

(Get ready for some Drista angst!)

Suddenly, Drista's brother, her biological brother, could be seen standing in Techno's living room in all his godliness. Boy, was Drista lucky she was wearing a mask because if she wasn't, everyone would be able to tell how horrified she really was.

"Oh, but I can't have you ruining my fun now, can I?"

That was a problem. A huge problem. If XD saw her, she would be dead meat. Everyone would know she was a god! Everyone would know she was a certain god's sister! She didn't want anyone else to know! Would they betray her? Would they kill her? Would they-

"Oh? Is that-" Dream XD began, eying Drista.

"Shut up and eat this sucka!" Tubbo interrupted, throwing a couch pillow at XD's face.

Surprisingly, the pillow actually caught the young god off guard as he stumbled backward a bit. 

"OH, YOU THINK A PILLOW CAN THWART MY PLANS?! BECAUSE JUST A PUNY PILLOW WILL NEVER DIMINISH MY PRESENCE MORTA-" Dream XD shouted.

"DIE!!!" Ranboo suddenly yelled, teleporting to Dream XD with a pillow in hand as he attempted to suffocate the god.

Drista watched as Karl quickly opened a portal, "Everyone get in!"

"I'm gonna stay with Ranboo 'till everyone else is in!" Tubbo stated.

"Take this then!" Quakity ordered, handing him an axe.

"Thanks, Quakity," Tubbo responded.

"You're welcome, kid!" Quakity replied, ruffling Tubbo's hair, "See you on the other side!"

"Same to you!" Tubbo exclaimed as he ran toward Dream XD.

And with that Quakity walked into the portal with Wilbur, Techno, and Phil entering soon after. Slime and Puffy entered before all four, leaving Drista with Karl, Ranboo, and Tubbo, but just as she was about to leave, she flew backward through the air and fell right next to Dream XD. At that point, Ranboo, who was thrown off of Dream XD earlier, was leaning against a wall while Tubbo was trying to fend off Dream XD.

Suddenly, Tubbo was flung to the wall and slid down to the floor next to Ranboo, "Ah, Drista."

"Leave her alone you creep!" Tubbo yelled weakly.

"Oh but why would I stay away from my-" Dream XD began.

"Shut it! This is against the god code!" Karl growled.

"Wait what?! What are you guys talking about?!" Ranboo exclaimed.

"Ranboo this is none of your business," Karl shot back at him.

"Oh, and what would you know about the code? You broke the rules by entering the In-Between and the Other side far too many times, Jacobs," Dream XD revealed.

"And that is none of your business, XD," Karl replied coldly.

Drista subconsciously backed up to the wall opposite of the conflict. She didn't want this, she didn't want this at all.

"And you Drista-" Dream XD began, turning his head toward Drista.

"Shut up! You can't do this! It's not allowed!" Karl yelled.

"Oh, you mortals are so annoying!" Dream XD groaned as he teleported tape onto Karl's mouth, "Oh, and don't that off, it's tape from the cosmos and will probably rip your mouth off if you try to take it off."

"Leave us alone!" Tubbo yelled angrily.

"Oh, and what will you do if I don't? You can barely walk right now!" Dream XD laughed.

Tubbo growled with rage clear in his tone.

"And you," Dream XD turned to Drista as he teleported right in front of her.

Drista froze, she didn't know what to do. Should she run or fight? Should she surrender or save her friends?

"Oh dear sister," Dream XD sighed as he brushed some of Drista's hair out of her face, or rather, mask, "Why have you sided with them and not me?"

"I- you- you aren't my brother," Drista answered as she finally moved away from the wall she was against.

"Why of course I am!" Dream XD replied, teleporting closer to Drista.

"No- you- you changed, you're not you anymore!" Drista let out.

"I'm still your big brother though, am I not?" Dream XD asked.

"What- I- I don't know, you hurt my friends-" Drista stuttered.

"But family's always first, wasn't that what mom used to say?" XD asked.

"Mom was a lunatic and you..." Drista trailed off.

"Well?" XD asked as Drista felt her bottled up sadness finally poor out.

"What happened to you? What happened to the caring brother I once knew?" Drista asked as tears dripped out from the bottom of her mask.

"Oh Drista," Dream XD sighed softly, letting emotion seep into his voice as he veered closer to her.

"NO! STAY AWAY FROM ME! YOU'RE- YOU'RE JUST LIKE MOM! YOU STAY FOR A WHILE AND THEN YOU PACK UP AND LEAVE!!! THEN YOU JUST COME BACK AND THINK WE CAN BE BESTIES AGAIN?!" Drista yelled.

"Drista please-" Dream XD began.

"NO!!! YOU LEFT ME WHEN I WAS 10 XD!!! YOU LEFT ME WITH DAD!!! YOU KNEW HE NEVER CARED ABOUT US!!! YOU KNEW AND YOU STILL- You still- you still left me..." Drista let out another sob.

"I- I'm sorry-" XD began again as Drista wiped her tears under her mask.

"No. You might have changed but I have too. I'm not your gullible little Drista anymore. And I'm ready to fight you," Drista interrupted, "But, I know deep down I'll never win, but I'm okay with that as long as you lose."

And with that, Drista mustered up the last of her strength and teleported herself, Ranboo, Tubbo, and Karl through the portal right before it closed.

Ngl, didn't expect to get this done so soon! But anyway here's ur chapter! I had A LOT of fun making it, even though it was originally not going to happen in the plot I made! Well, hoped you enjoyed it!

- HelpMePlzImBeggin (June 1st, 2022)