Chapter 53: Karl's Backstory (Tubbo's POV)

Tubbo was in deep shock from the words he had just heard, Tommy could be brought back? But how?! There wasn't even a trace of a ghost of him anywhere! While Tubbo stood paralyzed in shock, it seemed Techno had fueled that shock into anger.

"Wait WHAT?! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!" Techno yelled, standing up.

"Calm down mate, let him speak," Phil requested.

Techno huffed with his arms crossed over his chest as he sat down.

"Thank you," Karl told Techno, "So, for me to explain all of this, I might need to go to the very beginning..."

(This backstory isn't completely canon at all. It has a LOT of headcanons and just random stuff that I crammed into it.)

A long, long time ago, well more like a few years ago, a younger Karl roamed the lands of the SMP, with not a single thought on his mind. At this time, he was engaged to both Sapnap and... someone else that present Karl was yet to recall.

Tubbo saw out of the corner of his eye the present Quakity shifting uncomfortably.

This younger Karl was prone to get lost a whole lot, but he loved to explore, and that he did, but little did he know, it would lead to his demise...

One fateful day, when Karl was exploring, he came across an old building. He entered inside to discover a library. An empty library... The only book inside was an open book laying on a dusty table. Karl picked it up and flipped through the pages. They were all empty. He checked the cover and saw shining green letters spelling out "the Tales of the Dream SMP." 

Karl flipped through the pages once more to find fresh ink on the first page that wasn't there before. It said, "It's time for you to fill these pages, Karl Jacobs." And with that, a portal opened behind him. He looked back at the book once more before taking it with him and entering the portal.

His new adventures began. He would travel to the past to fix past errors or just watch a story unfold. Whenever he was finished with an adventure, he would write the day's date in his journal, and a portal would appear next to him. And after each adventure, he would write all the events in the small journal, or diary, of sorts. But soon, he found himself losing his memories. And so, he began to write important things he was afraid of forgetting in the journal as well.

His adventures continued on, him playing hero or just a random traveler who came just as quickly as he left. But soon, something strange occurred. One day, Karl had been trying to go back home, but as he entered the portal back, he found himself in an entirely different realm that went by the name of, "the In-Between."

The In-Between was a large white castle with an endless amount of rooms. So, Karl did what he did best, and began to explore the foreign area. In this area, his hoodie changed from its vibrant colors to white and grey. He explored for quite some time before coming across a tree with a single book under it. It wasn't like his old and raggedy journal. It was clean and pristine. The book was open to a single page that read, "Do not stray from the path." Karl suddenly heard a portal opening behind him and found himself looking at a future him.

"Go through this portal," the new Karl ordered, pointing to the portal he had just come out from, "Or you may never find your way back home." 

And with that, another portal opened which the new Karl approached. His hoodie seemed to be unaffected by the In-Between as its original colors still remained

"Do not time travel again, or you will suffer the same fate I did."

Suddenly, a burst of light erupted from the man's sides to reveal pure white wings and a lopsided halo above his head before he disappeared into the portal. Karl stood in shock for a few moments before entering the first portal.