Chapter 7: Stitches (Ranboo's POV)

Now that Tommy was sitting calmly in his house, Ranboo couldn't help but notice the many scars he had. His left leg, which he had said was numb earlier, was wrapped up like a cast. The same treatment was given to his right arm up until his elbow, only leaving his fingers sticking out of the cast. His left arm wasn't nearly as bandaged. There were two large square shaped bandages and one small normal bandage. Surrounding them were unattended minor scratches. His right leg seemed to look fine other than a couple of normal bandages. His face had only one large bandage. He should have taken more because his face had a few bad scars. They weren't that large, but they weren't really minor scars either. His eyes drifted to Tommy's heavily bandaged leg again. Why was it so wrapped up?

"What happened?" Ranboo asked.

"I don't know what are you talking about," Tommy replied, obviously lying.

"Your left leg Tommy, what happened to it?" Ranboo asked again.

"I'd rather not say..." Tommy murmured.

"Tommy, if something happened to you I need to know," Ranboo stated, "I don't like being pushy but this seems serious."

Ranboo had kneeled to get to Tommy's height and was grabbing his shoulders. After looking at each other dead in the eyes for a few moments Tommy turned his gaze to his left leg.

"I'll just show you I guess..." Tommy muttered.

As Tommy unwrapped his leg Ranboo thought about his sudden personality change. Sure he had a lot less confidence in himself but that wasn't what Ranboo was thinking about. It's not like Tommy was being that annoying teen that doesn't listen to anyone, it was more like he was afraid. 

"Yeah, I'm done now," Tommy said blankly.

Ranboo looked down at the leg and his eyes went wide. There were two large stitches. the first one went probably a third around his leg. The second, which was directly beneath the first, went roughly a fourth around Tommy's leg. There were also small deep scratches all over the rest of his leg.

"Tommy how- how did this happen?" Ranboo asked, panicking slightly.

"I- uh, well I um, made a mistake, and it was my fault really, and as a punishment Dream..." Tommy mumbled.

Ranboo could understand exactly what Tommy had said even though he was mumbling quietly.

"What did he use?" Ranboo asked, his voice trembling with anger.

"An axe," Tommy almost whispered.

"I'll kill that green bastard!" Ranboo yelled, fueled with rage.

"No, no, no you can't!" Tommy shouted, "It wasn't his fault anyway-"

They were about to continue their argument when they heard a door open and close. Ranboo felt a jolt of fear. It had to be Tubbo. He was the only one that hadn't come home yet. If Tubbo saw Tommy, would he just throw him out again? Ranboo couldn't let that happen. Tubbo walked into the room casually and before he could even process what was happening, Ranboo and Tommy started to talk over eachother. 

"I can explain-" Ranboo began.

"It was my fault-" Tommy started.

"No it isn't, he's being an idiot!" Ranboo exclaimed.

"Speak for yourself asshole!" Tommy retorted.

Soon, the fight over who would take the blame changed to an argument to just insult eachother.

"Can you guys both shut up?!" Tubbo yelled over them.

They both immediately stopped and looked at Tubbo.

"My first question, Tommy why in the name of Philza are you back in l'manburg?!" Tubbo yelled.

Tubbo definitely wasn't angry. He was probably just extremely shocked. By the look of Tommy's expression, he had obviously thought he was angry.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry-" Tommy began.

"Dream was practically torturing him!" Ranboo cut in, "You see that scar on his left leg? That was from Dream!" 

Tommy tried his best to cover his stitched wounds, but Tubbo saw it first. Tubbo's eyes looked at the leg and then at Tommy. His shock turned to horror once he realized how Tommy had to have gotten the wound if it was from Dream. Suddenly, Micheal came in without warning and hugged Tommy's now unbandaged foot. Ranboo knew that Micheal could always tell when someone was in distress. Seeing Tommy's stitched foot must have made Micheal think he was in pain.

"Oh, hey..." Tommy said as he patted the zombified piglet's head lovingly.

Ranboo was happy that Micheal had come in. He had definitely made it less awkward. Ranboo could see Tubbo's eyes moved to the flower crown just as Ranboo's had only 2 hours ago. He knew that Tubbo was thinking about how Micheal only gave flower crowns to close friends. They must have really hit it off for the piglet to give him one at all. Then the piglin pulled something out from Tommy's pocket.

It was a compass.