Chapter 17: Packing (Ghostbur's POV)

After Ghostbur and Technoblade finally made it home, they immediately started to pack. Well, more like Techno started to pack. Ghostbur didn't know what to pack so he kind of just watched his older brother instead. 

"He looks so sad,"  Ghoster thought to himself.

"Hey Tech, you ok?" Ghostbur asked sympathetically.

"Don't," Techno replied firmly.

"Don't what?" Ghostbur asked.

"Don't pity me," Techno demanded tonelessly.

Ghostbur chucked at this. He sounded just like Tommy.

"What?" Techno retorted.

"You sound just like Tommy," Ghostbur answered cheerfully.

Ghostbur noticed that Techno stopped packing for a moment. No emotion showed on his face but he seemed like he wanted to ask Ghostbur something. 

"How was Tommy doing?" Techno asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Well, the last time I saw him, he looked pretty happy!" Ghostbur replied, "He's always happy to see me! Though that sparkle that he used to have is duller,"

"You remember how Tommy used to look?!" Techno asked.

"Yes, his smile was a very happy memory for me!" Ghoster answered cheerfully. 

Ghostbur noticed that Techno stopped again, letting silence and tension envelope them once more. He looked as if he was deep in thought.

"Ghostbur, how did he act around Dream?" Techno asked quietly.

Now it was Ghostbur's turn to fall silent deep in thought. He remembered that the pretty sparkle in Tommy's eyes became duller around Dream. And sometimes, Dream told Ghostbur to leave a room for a few minutes. When he was finally allowed to go back into the room, he always noticed that Tommy's sparkle entirely left his eyes, leaving them almost lifeless. The only life left in it was pure fear. But after Dream left, Tommy's sparkle returned. That was the only reason why Ghostbur remembered it. Because Tommy was always so happy to see him.

"Well," Ghostbur explained, "That sparkle in his eye is always a bit duller around Dream, but when he leaves, Tommy's back to normal."

"Is that all?" Techno asked.

"Well... no," Ghostbur replied nervously, "Sometimes, Dream tells me to leave the room he and Tommy are in and he closes the door and locks it once I'm out."

Techno's face showed just a glimpse of surprise, which left Ghostbur in slight shock as well.

"And then," Ghostbur continued, "when he opens the door, Tommy's eyes look like yours when your sad, but instead of sadness, there's fear."

"Continue," Techno replied silently.

"Umm, after Dream leaves Tommy, uh, he's back to normal, I guess," Ghostbur answered anxiously.

"Is anything different about him?" Technoblade asked, still maintaining his monotone voice.

"Well, sometimes he limps, and other times he comes out with new bandages-" Ghostbur responded.

"That green bastard," Techno interrupted with a hint of anger in his voice.

His eyes glowed a malicious red as he said it. Was he able to do that before? Ghostbur wasn't completely sure. 

"Uh, Techno, your eyes are a bit red," Ghostbur pointed out.

"Sorry, Ghostbur," Techno apologized as his eyes returned to their bottomless black color, "I just got a little... angry."

"Do you want a hug-" Ghostbur suggested cheerfully, spreading his arms out.

"If you do, I swear I'll stab you," Techno replied bluntly.

"Ok, no hug then!" Ghostber responded as he retracted his arms.

"Hmm, would you look at that..." Technoblade muttered looking at his comms.

"What happened?" Ghostbur asked curiously.

"Phil just sent me a message saying he found Tommy and somehow Tommy fell asleep on his couch," Technoblade answered.

"Oh, that's good!" He responded cheerfully.

Ghostbur watched as Technoblade's eyebrows went up slightly.

"Phil told me that me and him need to talk about something important, and it's about Tommy," Technoblade answered before Ghostbur could ask.

"he and I," Ghostbur replied.

"What?" Technoblade asked.

"You just said 'Phil told me that me and him need to talk about something important,'" Ghostbur explained, "It's actually 'Phil told me that he and I, need to talk about something important,' and I thought you were and english major."

"I DROPPED OUT!!!" Technoblade exclaimed.