Chapter 43: His Main Voice (Tommy's POV)

The Fluff is done. It's Angst's turn!!!

It had been a week since he woke up in his cell, 7 full days, yet the third still intrigued him.

The green man walked in with a sword, ready to strike. Tommy cowered away from him as he lifted his arms in front of his face and shut his eyes. He waited for the injury... and waited... and waited.

The blonde slowly opened his eyes and peeked through his still raised arms to see Dream... just standing there? Why would he just stand there? The young boy lowered his arms to examine the man further.

The two stared at eachother for a few moments more before the man snapped out of his trance. The boy raised his arms up in defense again to hear the sound of a lock clicking. He opened his eyes again to see Dream walking back to the elevator in defeat.

"But what did I do to 'defeat' him?" Tommy murmured to himself.

The answer had been nothing. There was nothing he could've done to drive away Dream that strange day. 

Tommy's mind decided to drift to another mystery that Tommy was very much aware of. Drista told him on his fourth day in his cell that she had found out that Tubbo and Ranboo abruptly left, leaving Fundy to lead l'manburg on his own. But where was Quakity? He usually steps up in these kinds of moments. But no, he was on break. The Quakity Tommy knew would never do that. Drista of course agreed. That's why she checked Quakity's place beforehand. Quakity was gone, and so was Slime. The two had agreed that whatever was happening with Tubbo and Ranboo had to have something to do with Quakity and Slime.

On Tommy's sixth day Drista informed him of yet another disappearance, but this time the public didn't know. Drista had gone to Techno's house. No Phil, no Techno, no Wilbur. (Yes Tommy told Drista about Wilbur being back) She checked the house further to find that a lot of food was missing along with a lot of missing armor... but there didn't seem to be any struggle. 

Techno and Phil weren't kidnapped, they left. And it was at the same time as Tubbo, Ranboo, Slime, and Quakity's disappearances. It couldn't be a coincidence. It had to be all tied together somehow, but there was "a final piece missing to the puzzle," as Tommy had said to Drista.

"Maybe that puzzle piece is you," Drista had suggested.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Tommy asked.

"I mean, what if they left to LOOK for you!" Drista exclaimed.

"Doubt it. They gave me to Dream," Tommy bluntly replied.

"And who told you that?" Drista asked.

"Dream."

A silence broke out between the two for a second.

"About that, do you really trust Dream?" Drista asked.

"What do you mean?" Tommy asked back.

"Well, he's manipulated you before. Don't you think there's a chance he's lying to you?" Drista suggested. 

"Lying to you?" 

"Lying to you?" 

"Lying to you? "

The voices echoed Drista's voice like an echoey microphone as Tommy tried to process what Drista meant.