The Sokovia Accords

We had made it back to the compound and Steve and I were in the living room watching the news when my phone buzzed. I picked it up and had a message from Bucky. (Yes I got him a phone.)

MESSAGE

"Hey the news broadcast the entire fight. Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine a missions a mission Rumlow needed to be stopped."

"How did you lift Steve like that?"

"Tons of practice. It took a while to get it right."

"What happened with Wanda?"

"Steve got distracted and Rumlow was setting off a bomb so I took over and caught him in the fire. But Wanda dropped down next to me and launched him into the sky but he hit the building and she lost control so it exploded"

"Is she blaming herself?"

"Yeah and she's not taking it very lightly she's been through to much."

END MESSAGES

"Who are you talking to?" Steve asked.

"Just a friend of mine?"

"Who?" He asked.

"Why dose that matter?" I replied.

"I just didn't know you had friends outside of the Avengers."

"I don't only this one." I replied and my phone buzzed again. And Steve looked at me confused as I picked up my phone again

MESSAGES

"What distracted Steve?"

"Rumlow started talking about you."

"Oh"

"I think Steve is on to us."

"He's bound to find out sooner or later"

"I know everyone probably will I got home on Tuesday when we left for Lagos and Nat was waiting for me in my room. She saw the ring but I played it off cause she knows the story from the 40s"

"That was smart."

"I really wish we were still out by that river."

"I know doll me to. But I'll be home in a few days."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you to."

END MESSAGES

Steve and I heard a tv coming from upstairs so we got up and found it coming from Wanda's room. She was watching the news and listening to what they were saying about her.

"It's my fault." She said.

"That's not true." I told her

"Yeah, turn the TV back on their being very specific."

"I should have taken full control over Rumlow." I told her.

"No I should have clocked that bomb vest long before you two had to deal with it." Steve said. "but Rumlow said Bucky and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid, again, in Brooklyn. And people died."

"It's on me." Steve said.

"It's on all three of us." Wanda said.

"This job... we try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. but if we can't find a way to live with that then next time maybe nobody gets saved." I told her and vision unexpectedly walked through the wall.

"Vis! We talked about this." Wanda told him.

"Yes but the door was open so I assumed that...." But vision trailed off. "Captain Rogers shushed to know when Mr. Stark was arriving."

"Thank you. We'll be right down." Steve told him.

"I'll use the door." Vision said and walked out. "Oh and apparently he's brought a guest." He said sticking his head back in the door.

"we know who it is?" I asked

"The Secretary of State." He said and walked away.

TIME SKIP

"Five years ago I had a heart attack. And dropped right in the middle of my backswing. turned out it was the best round of my life because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass, I found something 40 years in the army and never taught me. Perspective. The world owes the avengers an unplayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives, and while a great many people see you as hero's, there are some who would prefer the word vigilantes." Secretary Ross explained.

"and what word would you use, Mr. secretary?" Nat asked.

"how about dangerous." He told her. " what would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals, who routinely ignore sovereign borders. And inflict their will wherever they choose? And who frankly seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?" He asked and started playing videos on the screen.

"New York." He said and played a video of all of us fighting the Chatauri but it wasn't the good parties it was of all of the destruction and chaos we had caused. People were running and screaming and guns were being fired from everywhere. The Hulk was jumping from building to building destroying everything in his path. And the screen went black.

"Washington D.C." he said. And another video played of the three Helicarriers in the air all firing at each other. One crashing into the water and the other into the old S.H.E.I.L.D. Headquarters. There was smoke and Fire everywhere and scenes of the Winter Soldier flashed in and out and of all the destruction he caused.

"Sokovia." He said and the screen flicked to another video this one of the island rising up out of the earth and just floating away people were running all over the place trying to avoid falling rocks and buildings. And when one fell a look of sadness washed over Tony's face.

"Lagos" he said and the video showed me and Wanda with the gas and then the burning building with smoke going everywhere and debris falling there were ambulance sirens coming from every way and people everywhere being rushed to the hospital and the picture of a little girl with blood on her forehead lying dead in the rubble popped up.

"Alright. That's enough." I told him.

"for the past four years you've Operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the government's of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution." He said and placed a book on the table letting us pass it around.

"The Sokovia accords. Approved by 117 countries. It states that the avengers but will no longer be a private organization. Instead they will operate under the supervision of the United Nations panel only when and if that panel deems it necessary." Ross told us.

"The avengers reformed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve told him.

"Tell me Captain do you know where Thor and Banner are right now? If I miss placed a couple of 30 Megaton nukes you can bet there would be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works believe me this is the middle ground." Ross said.

"so there are contingencies." Rhodes said.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratified the Accords. Talk it over." He said and began to walk out.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" I asked

"Then you retire." He told me.