(182) Doing What's Right - RemyxLogan

Start from the beginning

Logan was emotional, saying nothing but covering his eyes and taking deep breaths. And even though this whole thing with Logan's brother annoyed Remy sometimes he could see the hurt all over Logan's face... and it hurt him too. "Babe, come here." Remy mumbled and lifted his arm, and almost immediately Logan cuddled in and kissed Remy's cheek. "Do you feel comfortable telling me what happened?"

"He's doing it again." Remy immediately knew what that meant, especially when Logan began stroking the paler side of his arm while he looked down. It broke both men's hearts to hear that. "He showed me them. The foster family really aren't treating him well and the social worker isn't listening since reunification isn't possible. I hate that I have to just watch this."

Remy sighed and brushed his hand through his husband's hair yet again - but said nothing more. To him, nothing more could be said, they had already made a promise to each other they'd never have kids.

"I need him with me." Logan said quickly, grabbing Remy's hand but not looking at him. "He's the only family I have now - apart from you of course - just... please..." The teacher looked up at his husband quickly, his eyes glowing and his voice weak. He was sniffling and looked down after a second of silence as if ashamed.

But why should Logan be ashamed? He wants his family - and Remy would be the devil to reject him that. It seemed as though reunification needed to be done, for both Logan's sake and Virgil's.

*****

Naturally, Remy wasn't the best at going into a natural parent role. Logan was at work a lot since he was a teacher, which meant Remy was the one to keep Virgil under control. And he was uncontrollable. Even though he was back at his old high school he was refusing to go, and when he did go Remy would often be called in due to skipped classes or canteen fights.

And it was too much for Remy to handle. "Look, we're trying our best for you Virgil. My brother Emile is giving you therapy for free to talk about these things - yet you give him the silent treatment each time! I get this is hard for you but it's hard on us too."

Virgil was sat in the car, being driven home from school early due to skipping all his morning classes. He was used to being shouted at by Remy at this point - he was just nodding quietly and sat in a ball. Remy was super nice before all this happened, he was cool and funny and even let Virgil get away with some things his brother found a little too rebellious. Now he was just shouting and screaming at him every hour of the day due to something he did wrong just because his thoughts were all too much.

Logan was a lot nicer to Virgil. But he was tired, he left for work early and got back late since he usually marked papers in school. This meant Virgil only saw his brother at dinner time. But at least Logan was happy to hug and chat about mom... Shit, Virgil was crying again.

Remy sighed when he realised Virgil was looking away from him and rubbing his eyes. "God... I'm sorry Virgil. Lo and I trying our best for you." Virgil nodded, but he knew that wasn't totally true. He was just an inconvenience for his brother and brother-in-law - he was an inconvenience for everyone with these emotions. Logan probably didn't even spend much time with his husband now since Virgil was too much to handle.

Virgil nodded again and opened the car door once the car was parked in the driveway. He knew what he had to do - to help his brother and brother-in-law not end up hating him and each other.

*****

The day after that argument Logan was the first to wake up as it was a Friday. Virgil had been excluded for the day but since Logan had extra time before heading off to work he felt like walking into the spare room his brother slept in.

The room was always dark as Virgil didn't like the curtains drawn. The white room was decorated in Displate posters and a couple of pride flags held up by command strips. There was a lump in the bed which Logan playfully poked like a big brother did... Only to find it a lot softer than his brother's body. He lifted the covers and found the lump was just a row of pillows.