Downpour

*It was a few days later, and it was a Saturday*

Seeing as it wasn't a school day, Ryu was up earlier to go out joy flying with Thunder and explore to find something with the same symbol as on his Viking helmet. He puts on his Viking helmet and puts his backpack on his back

"Woo-hoo! Yeah!" Ryu cheers, flying through the Crystal Realm part of the Hidden World with Thunder.

Thunder keeps flying around as he goes under a crystal spike

"Woo! Alright! Whoa! Woo-hoo! Woo!" Ryu laughs, enjoying how fast Thunder is flying around. "How fast can you actually go, bud?" he asks his dragon. "Let's find out, shall we?" he asks him.

Thunder starts building up some electricity and shoots forward, going extremely fast and flying in circles

"Ah! Woo! Woo-hoo!" Ryu says, laughing in excitement.

Thunder starts hovering for a bit

"That was amazing!" Ryu cheers loudly.

Thunder growls softly

"Okay, that was it for the joy flying. Alright. Let's see if we can find something else out here with this dragon symbol on it." Ryu says, getting serious. "Something to explain this helmet. A clue, just something." he says to Thunder.

Suddenly, they hear strange, distant growling

"Whoa... That's definitely something." Ryu says, intrigued.

Thunder snarls softly in agreement

When they arrive at where the strange, distant growling came from, they see a huge lake

"Wow... Look at this." he says, amazed. "Who would've thought that there would be lakes underground?" he asks himself and Thunder. "I guess it does make sense since some dragons are Tidal Class." he answers for himself.

Thunder growls in excitement at seeing another part of the Hidden World

"Hey, bud. How about we go in for a closer--" Ryu begins as Thunder dive-bombs down to the water. "Whoa!" he yells out.

Thunder gets close to the water as he starts flying sideways a bit and lets his wing rip through the water

"This is awesome! Woo-hoo!" Ryu cheers and laughs excitedly & loudly. "The other Dragon Riders won't believe this place." he sighs happily, opening his arms wide. "But, then they'll know I went exploring without them again." he states, feeling guilty about it.

Thunder growls at him as if to tell him something.

"I know, I know, I know. I'm just..." Ryu begins, guessing what Thunder is trying to tell him and taking off the helmet. "I'm not ready to tell them yet, bud. I want to understand the symbol first, how it got on this helmet, how I'm connected to it, and apparently to you." he confesses to his dragon. "I need some answers for myself, and then I'll tell the other riders. Promise." he says to him. "I know you probably don't understand everything what I'm saying. This just felt like... a safe place to talk it out." Ryu says calmly, smiling a bit.

Suddenly, a huge dragon with big, razor-sharp fangs bursts outta the water, releasing a huge amount of water from its mouth as it snaps it shut afterwards

Before it dives back into the water, Ryu is able to get a good look at it. To him, it looks like a combination of a manta ray and a basking shark