Thirty seven

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

I let my legs take me far away from the packhouse. I let my legs hit the hit the fallen leaves as I ran towards where I had left Megan's body hoping it was still there. She should never have been killed! She did not deserve it and whoever did this to her will be killed. The annoying vampire and Alpha Lucas are responsible for this and I don't care who killed her, they will both pay for her death one way or the other, which I will make sure of.

I pushed my body to run faster when I started to feel tired. I must see Megan's body again. Luckily for me, I found her body right behind the tree I left it. I dropped my black bag by the tree. I fell on all fours letting my wolf take control of my body letting go of all pain as I let my weak body shift into my very light brown wolf. I used my teeth to pull Megan's lifeless body to the middle of the way. I went back to my bag, shifted out of my brown wolf form and quickly put on knee-length shorts and a top.

  I looked around if I could find a shovel or anything to dig the floor to bury my friend but I found none. What did I expect? To magically find a shovel? Already frustrated with my situation I slumped to the ground and let tears fall. I cried my heart out to Megan's body. The only one person I had to take care of I couldn't help her. She is dead! And now I have nowhere to go. No place to go and I have no experience of being rouge. Will I survive this new lifestyle? I doubt it but I could try. There is nothing I could do but try. Maybe stay in my wolf form forever till my wolf takes complete control of my soul and I have to tint of humanity left in me, then I can live.

I had thought I was angry but I am not. I am sad. Why didn't Lucian try to have just a tiny little bit of trust for me? It wasn't so hard, was it? Why did Henrietta take a liking to me instantly and why did she suddenly turn away from Lucy to support me? I will never find the answers to fill my curious mind but I will at least be free for a while before death finds my way to. That's my fate after all. I should have died years ago.

  After hours of drowning in self-pity and hate of my miserable life, I finally stood up to look for anything I could use to improvise for a shovel.

I was walking when I bumped my head into a tree branch. I was not looking. I wanted to cuss at the tree when I realised I could try to use the branch to dig a hole for Megan. It would take days but it's worth the try. I snapped the branch and walked back to the body only to see a tall guy. He had natural blonde hair.

"Who are you?" I inquired of him. He turned and when I stared deep into his blue eyes I got scared.

"What do you want?" I asked again. He moved closer to me without talking.

"You look oddly familiar" He answered now standing in front of me. I turned to run away but he trapped me by my shoulders making me fall. I yelped in pain as I hit the ground, hard. I glared at him making my claws come forth. He smirked and bent down to grab me by my shoulders holding me down as he plunged his sharp claws Into my shoulders. I cried out in pain.

"What are you doing here rouge?"
He asked.

"I didn't do anything. Don't hurt me" I beg as I felt my own blood run down from my shoulders to my arm leaving stains on my cloth.

"Fuck!" He suddenly screamed moving away from me. I looked up at him weirdly but was glad he left me alone. I hurriedly got up from the ground walking away from him, walking backwards.

"I am so sorry" He begged.

"For what? Injuring me for no reason?" I snarled.

"You are Raina right?" He interrogated.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"You carry the mark of the pack and Lucian has mentioned you" He replied.

"And who might you be?" I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry. I'm jack_"

"Beta of the pack. I met your mate by the way. She's a pain in the ass" I completed. He frowned at me when I mentioned Lucy but knew better than to bring it up.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked looking around, pointing at the dead body.

"Leaving" I replied sharply.

"Lucian let you leave?" He sounded and looked shocked at my revelation.

"Why do you seem so shocked?" I could not help but ask.

"Well, it's nothing. Do you need my help?" He changed the issue we were both talking about.

"No thank you. Please don't tell anyone you saw me out here" I begged him.

"I'm not promising" He answered as he walked away. I sighed and started digging with the branch which was of no help but sincerely I just needed to do something to get my mind off things. A few minutes into my digging I heard footsteps. Why can't this place be quiet?

"Come back to the packhouse Raina"

"Jack just left. You should be there to welcome him back" I said to Lucy who stood in front of me.

"He can wait" She responded.

"I don't want to go back. Leave me be Lucy" I begged.

"I knew you weren't going to be convinced that is why I am going to do this"

"Do what. Aah," I screamed when I felt my bones crack slowly forcing a shift out of me. I tried to shift myself to stop the pain but I couldn't. She kept on mumbling her chants until I passed out, exhausted.