Twenty

As soon as I got back to my room I sat on the bed and I let my mind take me back to the book I read in the library.

It all started when two best friends Gonzalo and Ambrogio fell in love with the same girl. Not just any girl but a human.

FLASHBACK TO A THOUSAND YEARS AGO

Guinevere approached her master, Ambrogio's chamber with fear. Guinevere who just arrived at the palace owned by the famous feared vampire in all of the world.

Ambrogio the only son of Orlok and the older brother to Lilith. Lilith was popularly known for her seduction. She could seduce and have any man she pleased around her finger some people often referred her to a succubus who slept with their victims and tormented them in their dreams. That was exactly who Lilith was because after having her fill with a man she sucked his blood dry till there was no life left in such a person. This rumour did not stop men from falling at her feet all the days of her life. Her end was tragic but her story is for another day.

Guinevere knocked on the door of the chamber thrice like she had been thought.

"Come in" A voice that did not sound like her master's voice gave her permission to come into the room. Without hesitation, she carried the tray well and entered the chamber.

She met face to face with a man who was clearly tall as he lay on the bed with one knee bent and the other leg rested straight on the bed. He had his hand rested on his knee. This man was not a Vampire and she knew it. He looked bigger than a vampire. His skin is like that of olive. His long black hair fell on his face. Guinevere stood confused as to who this man who wouldn't stop staring at her was. She had never met him all her months of working with her master.

"I am Gonzalo" He introduced which came to her as a shock. Nobody in this palace ever introduced themselves. We mostly know their names if their families mentioned it in our presence and we dared not use their names so knowing it was of no good to us. I did not say anything as I dropped Ambrogio's wine on his short table. I had to clean the bed, how do I do that when this man called Gonzalo was laying on it. I turned to leave despite my better knowing that I could not leave this chamber without cleaning it.

"Have a seat with me" Gonzalo instructed as I made my turn to leave. I turned back.

"Master will not be pleased with this act sir," I said as politely as I could. He laughed dismissing my excuse.

"Nonsense, come, take a seat with me" He patted the space on the bed. I took the breaths to calm myself as I could feel his eyes on my breasts. I walked closer to the bed and sat down. I sat upright, adjusting my poster making sure I was not seating too close to him. This now annoying man pulled me close to him. I sat not speaking a word.

"Do you know what I am?" He asked. I nodded, no. How was I supposed to know? I just found out vampires exist a few months ago when my life was taken from me.

"I am a shapeshifter, a wolf shapeshifter" She confessed. My entire body was rigid. Shapeshifter? And they even differ? How did my whole world change? I know, when my parents exchanged me for money from a nice man.

"Sir, the carriage has arrived, we must leave now," The young bot said from outside the door he already opened. His long brown hair fell on his shoulders. I could tell he was not a wolf shapeshifter like Gonzalo. He was human just like me but unlike me, he did not sound as scared of his master. Gonzalo groaned.

"I'll be right there" He replied. The young boy nodded and left us alone.

"I will be back in five full moons. Can you tell me your name?" He asked.

"Guinevere," I said but my voice came out as a whisper.

"Guinevere you have a beautiful name. Expect me in exactly five full moons during sunset" She said. I nodded. He stood up and brought me up with him. His left hand on my waist and his right caressing my face.

"I will see you then Guinevere" He left like that. I hurriedly got the bed done for my master, Ambrogio.

I removed the current sheet on the bed and cleared the cups of previous wines. I left the room to drop the sheet in the laundry and the cups in the kitchen only we slaves use for our meal. I hurriedly went back to his chamber after I picked a new sheet from the store where the sheets were kept. I laid them down on the bed. I picked up the long broom as I started to sweep the dust collected on the floor towards me till I was out of the room. I packed the dirt in the bin and moved to his bathroom to pick a scrubbing brush when I saw the bathroom filled with splash of blood all over the sink and bath and even on the floor. The once white was not stained with blood. This was not new but I will never get used to it. I bent down and got to work.

I scrubbed every trace of blood on the wall. I was exhausted when I was done. Ambrogio has yet to arrive so I used a small circular thick paper to cover the glass of wine I haad brought for him.

"Guinevere" Shivers went down my spine when I heard the bow familiar voice scream my name. I suddenly became scard. Had I done something bad to provoke him? The door to his chamber flung open and my eyes quickly close shut.

END OF FLASHBACK

I groaned. Henrietta just had to stop me when the story just got interesting. I had that gut feeling that Guinevere helped in writing this story down. After all, they were both humans.