Thirty two

"It is lunchtime" He informed.

"I'm not interested" I covered my head back with the duvet.

"My parents just got back from their three days trip and they want to have lunch with everyone. Be down in five minutes" He said his voice harsh.

I stood up from the comfort of the bed and picked out what to wear something I know for sure took more than five minutes. I finally concluded to go with dark pink shorts and a baby pink top that covered the shorts. After putting the clothes on I slipped my legs into my slippers and I walked out of the room making sure to keep my straight face on.

"It's so nice to meet you again Rain. We couldn't introduce ourselves the last time" The short petite woman smiled at me.

"Yeah, because someone wasn't very hospitable," I said glaring at Lucy. She ignored me with an eye roll. The woman was shocked at my response so the tall man said,

"Let's get seated and get ready for lunch" He announced.

"Sounds like a good idea," Lucian said. Everyone sat down in the dining. Seating on the table was Lucian's parents, Henrietta, Lucy and me.

"My name is grace" She Introduced stretching her hands forward.

"This is not a business meeting" I replied.

"You may be new here but you won't disrespect my wife that way!" He growled his claws scratching through the wooden table leaving marks.

"Dad please" Lucian begged.

"This won't be happening if you just put her in place" Lucy added. I faced her.

"You also need to remember that I am the Luna here"

"And you must remember that just because you carry his mark does not mean you are Luna yet" Lucy continued.

"He should have known that before leaving his mark on me and running away leaving me to suffer on my own!" I snapped.

Nobody said anything again and I just loved it that way. I do not want to answer to anyone here.

"How was your trip mum?" Henrietta asked breaking the horrible silence.

"It was so wonderful. You children should go on a trip sometime" She suggested.

"You know that's not possible mum. We have a lot of work on our hands" Lucian disagreed looking over at me. I looked away from him. Why was he looking at me? I am not interested in any of this family little bonding time together. All a waste of time.

"Take it easy on yourself son. You are doing a wonderful job, three days away won't do you any harm. What do you think Rain?" His dad finished facing me? What does he expect me to say?.

"I guess it's not so bad" I force. Does she not give up?

"Pretend to be happy at least" Lucy whisper yells at me. I looked her way.

"Not so good in pretending like you" I looked away from her and started eating my first meal of the day.

Just when I thought I would get to eat my lunch in silence and peace his mother started to talk.

"So Rain how was life in your old pack?" She asked again. Argh. What is it with this woman.

"Mum_" Lucian grumbled.

"I just want to know your mate" She defended herself.

"So Rain are you willing to tell me about you?" She asked again.

"Do I have a choice"i asked.

"Yes. Of course, no pressure" His mother said smiling at me but if looks could kill I would be already dead by his father's cold stare. Alphas. I thought. They are all the same.

"Then I really don't want to talk about my life as a slave. I just want to eat without feeling like I'm being interrogated.

"I'm sorry darling but_" She started but Lucy opened her mouth to spit out rubbish again as usual.

"You really do feel so entitled for someone who has been a slave for eight years.

"I'm not the one lying to my family about not practising magic" I snapped punching the fork into my beef before crushing them with my teeth.

"You don't know magic!. How would you know if I am practising or not?" She asked visibly angry as her claws dug into her palms. I sneaked a little smile before replying to her. She's so easy to rile up.

"I didn't know that until yesterday. You've been keeping a grudge for over ten years" I said.

"Says the person who thinks everyone is on to get something from her all the time" Angrily I stood up.

"Do you really feel that threatened by me that you have to be a bitch to feel superior?" I asked her. She laughed at my statement.

"What's there to be jealous about. I am stronger and you definitely don't beat me in the beauty aspect.

"That's enough Lucy" Lucian stopped her. She looked angry by this.

"She has been here all week disrespecting everyone and you tell me it's ok?" She snapped at him.

"Don't Lucy, I'm not in for this now!" Lucy scoffed and faced me again before talking again.

"You're being so lenient with her because she is your mate. You let her disrespect you this way what for? This is not the alpha I know" Lucian looks away from her running his hands through his hair.

"You might have him around your sneaky fingers but know this, I am better than you are. Think of that before getting an enemy out of me" She warned.

"Stronger, not faster" I spat.

She laughed "you must be delusional if you think you are faster than I am," She said clearly offended by my challenge.

"Let's put that Into a test shall we?" I asked.

"You don't learn do you?" She said obviously referring to when she beat me to a plump.

"Let's just say we'll never know" I replied to her. I reached for the little button the vampire gave to me. I pressed on it before pushing it under the table.

I changed Into my wolf, looked at everyone before running off towards where the vampire and I were earlier.