Sixteen

"I can give you a tour of the packhouse and territory later today, that's if you're interested" He offered on his way out. I smiled and sent a nod his way.

"Yeah, I'll let you know when I am ready" I said.

As soon as he closed the door I sat on the bed and calmed my breathing. This is so weird and yet it feels amazing. If we just continued like this we won't have a very toxic relationship. I really don't want to be arguing with my partner every minute nor do I want to stay in a relationship that exhausts me mentally. I know I need some time to accept the fact that I am his even though I don't love him but I could still make something out of this. I am pretty much affected by the mate bond which is intensified because I have been marked.

I stood up to get ready for the day. I will need bathroom supplies soon. My soap is almost finished. While having my bath I thought of Rietta, she has not been here yet. She's usually here by now or did Lucian come really early?. I picked up my old brown uniform to wear again, basically, the thing I had with me. I dusted imaginary dust off the big ugly uniform. I sat on the bed hoping Henrietta would come in soon and help me through the day like she's done for the past days.

Not long after dressing up, I heard the knock on the door, smiling I told the person which I know is Rietta to come in.

"The door is opened," I said. The door pushed open revealing Rietta with her red hair packed in a tight bun. She looked so beautiful in her short skirt and top.

"Good morning" I greeted a smiling Rietta.

"Good morning to you too. You look happy. Does Lucian have anything to do with that?" She asked. I nodded quickly.

"No, of course not. Your brother is annoying" I said to her.

"I agree but he's really good at making people around him happy," Rietta said.

"What's your plan for the day?" I asked her.

"I don't have one. Why don't we go for breakfast first then I'll have something figured by then" She suggested. I sigh.

"I already had breakfast," I said. Her eyes widened in shock.1/
"Really? When? What did you have?" She asked sounding genuinely concerned.

"Hmmm_ your brother, Lucian made me breakfast" I replied to her. She started smiling, her face going red in excitement.

"Lucian made you breakfast. He has not done that in a while. Omg! That's so sweet!. Did you have a great time?"

"It was just breakfast Rietta" I laughed holding her shoulders trying to contain her excitement.

"Did you eat in here? Or did you go to the dining?" She asked ignoring my attempts to calm her. I shook my head with a smile on my face.

"Well, the food was brought to the room and we had breakfast together" I answered her question.

"Wow, so_" She started again.

"Henrietta" I called her name. She finally stopped talking and paid me attention.

"I'm sorry I just got really excited".

"I understand"

"So what about a tour around the packhouse after I have breakfast?" She asked. I get guilty and I don't know why. I did not do anything wrong. She just wanted some time with me but Lucian already offered.

"It's fine if you don't want to go round the packhouse. There are plenty of things we can do together" She offered when she took my expression in.

"Lucian already offered to take me on a tour around the packhouse," I said.

"Oh, I see".

"We can go on the tour together. I'm sure he wouldn't mind" I said.

"No, no, no, I won't let you go that. How about I just show you to my room in case you want to see me and I can show you where Lucian's office is" She proposed.

"Sure. That sounds great" I let out along with an exhale.

"Well let's go"

"Your breakfast?" I said.

"That can wait, now let's go" she pulled my arms and we left the room.

Along the hallway on our way to her room Rietta said,

"You are going to be here for a while why not allow me to lend you some clothes or take you shopping at least"

"So you can use your brother's card again, no thank you," I told her rejecting her offer.

"You know you will still have to get clothes very soon right?" She said to me.

"Yeah I know" I replied.

"I promise I will use my card this time" She promised.

"How sure can I be?" I was smiling at her waiting for her to say something.

"Well, you'll never know. Just go with the flow and get used to being mated to an alpha" She said.

"We are not mated yet" I argued. She laughs at my attempt to cancel her.

"Yet being the keyword" She reminded me. My cheeks burned red with the thoughts of sleeping with Lucian which I knew would eventually happen. We stopped at the last door in the hallway.

"Here is my room" Henrietta announced as she opened the door to her room revealing a large room, almost double the size of my own room.

The first thing I encountered was the mini round table setting that was bigger than the one in my room. There was on two-seater couch and three other single couches with smaller and simple designs set around a small-sized glass table that had some fruits and a silver flower vase that had a fake flower in it. The entire furniture was grey. A gray flat rug was laying on the floor beneath the table too. I moved on to stare forward to see her bed which was surprisingly grey too. Everything looked so simple and beautiful. Her bed was slightly rough but everything else looked in place. I looked over to her dressing mirror that was full of all sorts of products I didn't know existed.

"Your room is beautiful," I said walking around.

"Thank you. You can design yours however you wish" She informed. I nodded even when I knew for sure I wasn't going to do anything to the room

"I'm sorry this is a very odd question but how old are you?" I asked.

"It's not odd to want to know about me. I am twenty-one" She replied.

"Do you have a mate I don't know about yet?" I asked.

"No," She said making her way to the bed and sitting on it. She patted her bed indicating is also sat down so I did.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

"So are you concerned you haven't met your mate?" I asked. She nodded.

"I was but I'm not anymore"

"Why?"

"Why should I be worried I've not found my soulmate who is probably an alpha or a beta who might be an asshole?" She laughed.

"I didn't think I was going to have an alpha as my mate, I'm still shocked" I confessed.

"I was surprised when you said your parents were warriors, naturally warriors get mated to each other or betas"

"Exactly my thoughts. How long did your brother have to wait to find his mate?" I asked.

"You can just ask for his age directly you know" She laughed at me and I did because she saw right through my question.

"Lucian is twenty-five," She tells me.

"Thank you for this Rietta," I said genuinely grateful for her.

"Anytime. Now let me show you to Lucian's office"