Twenty one

I finally got the thought of the story out of my head and got a good night rest, which I knew of because I was awake at the moment starting at myself in my slacked leggings and a faded tight blue top. I had no idea what Lucian had in mind but I knew he would have expected me to put a little effort into my appearance but I could not do anything. I had no presentable clothes. I was going to talk to him about this issue later, I needed a job if I actually wanted to survive here. I need new bathroom items and some clothes I could least wear when either Henrietta or Lucian felt the need to take me out. I sat on my mind using that time to wait for Henrietta. I'm used to seeing her in here every morning.

    Just like I had predicted, Henrietta knocked on the site few minutes later. Anxious to see her I ran to the door and opened it with a smile.

"Good morning," Henrietta said before pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Good morning to you too," I said with a smile. She walked into the room well before she stretched her hand forward to me.

"What are these for?" I asked referring to the clothes she had in her hand.

"Lucian informed me you will be needing clothes to wear" She answered. I rose my brows at her.

"What for?" I asked again.

"He said something about taking you out and he wanted you to be comfortable because you both will be out all day long" She explained to me.

"Really," I asked, a twinkle of excitement shunned in my eyes. She smiled at me and nodded.

"Yes so now wear this so we can go down and get some food in you," She said dropping the clothes in my hand.

    I hurriedly removed my uncomfortable clothing and changed to the cloth Henrietta had just given to me. I put on the clear blue shorts that stopped right above my knees before I put on the big black top. I also wore the flip flops she had brought with her. Admiring myself I turned to Henrietta,

  "Thank you," I said.

"You are welcome but I won't take credit for this, Lucian instructed me to do this and he even chose the clothes himself" She added. I stared at her shocked at the news. He really chose this for me?

"Really?" I asked in disbelief and she nodded.

"I'm serious Rain. Now let's go downstairs and get some food" She said pulling me along.

"Lucian!" I screamed out of shock when I saw Lucian standing in front of the door. How did I not catch on his scent earlier when I was with Henrietta.

"I'll leave you two" She quickly added before running off, leaving me and Lucian alone.

"What are you doing here," I said first. He faked a frown.

"That's no way to greet me in the morning, is it?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"You scared me" He moved closer to me, leaving him standing face to face to me. He held my waist and said,

"You shouldn't be scared when I'm around, I'm here to protect you" Oh gosh, why is he so sweet. I could not help the red stain of blush that appeared on my cheeks. Lucian seemed happy with this result because he let me go but held my hand still.

"Let's get breakfast. We have a lot to do today. By the way, do you like your outfit, I thought it was the best fit for today's outing" He explained.

"It's comfortable" I stated.

"Good. That was what I was aiming for" He smiled at me.

  Together, we went downstairs for breakfast. Lucian and I were left all alone in the kitchen as he had instructed everyone to leave us. I appreciated the gesture. I was not about to take breakfast with evil eyes staring at me like they wanted me dead, they probably did. Breakfast was different today. It was a bowl filled with just meat, peppered meat filled the while bowl. At first, I thought Lucian wanted us eating in the same bowl but I was wrong. He brought his own bowl too with two cups of juice.

   After eating what I guess to be ten pieces of meat, I drank the cup of juice.

"I'm all filled up" I announced. Lucian looked at me in disbelief.

"You barely ate anything. Have some more meat please" He begged. I nodded my head, no.

"I can't take any more" I argued. He sighed and pushed his own bowl that had a few pieces left aside and brought my bowl closer to himself. He stabbed through the bowl of meat and brought out the fork that now had meat in it. He moved the cutlery close to my face.

"Have some more meat" I glared at him but that did nothing because he moved the cutlery closer to my mouth.

"Please Raina, I am getting worried" I hated hearing him call me my full name and I was sure he knew it because I opened my mouth and took the meat in my mouth.

"Happy?" I asked with a full mouth and a frown on my face.

"Very baby, now two more and I will be convinced you actually ate" The two more turned into five until Lucian made me finish the whole bowl. He looked so happy I finished my food and he hurriedly finished up his and stood up.

"Let's go," He said. I sat still and stared at him.

"I can't move" I complained. I wasn't lying but I wasn't entirely being honest either. I mean I could obviously move but that will be so uncomfortable. I will need to rest for a while and give my body some time to use up this food.

  Lucian just smiled at me and made his way back to me. I thought he wanted to seat with me, not until he placed his hand under my thighs and lifted me up.

"What are you doing?" I asked, shocked.

"What does it look like? I'm helping you move" He answered. I did not argue any further because honestly, I loved it here, in his arms.

He carried me out of the packhouse despite the hateful looks we both got which I didn't care for because like Lucian promised if I was with him I was safe and I chose to believe that.