Twenty seven

"What?" Lucian answered looking at me. I swallowed hard, nervous to talk to him about this but I need Magan to be safe. At least I wanted to try.

"I need your help," I asked again this time sounding more confident. He walked back to my side and held my hands.

"Ok. What is it you need my help with?" He asked?

"Ahem_ can we get somewhere to stay?" I told him. He nodded and held my hands walking towards the field. I followed him.

"Is this place ok with you?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. Perfect" I answered as we both sat down on a bench that was there.

"So what is it you need my help with". I gave an awkward smile but he did not smile so I just stopped.

"Yeah_ I have this friend, Megan. We were both slaves at the pack but she got taken before me. She wrote me a letter last night"

"The one_" He cut me off and I did the same answering his unasked question.

"Yes. The letter I got when we got back" I informed him.

"What was the content of the letter?" He asked.

"That's where I was getting to. In the letter, she explained how miserable she's been staying with alpha Lucas and_"

"Lucas? Why the hell will Logan associate with Lucas!" He screamed.

"Well, his father did but that's not the important part" I continued but he spoke again.

"I know. Wherever Lucas is involved a vampire is also involved. He makes stupid deals and promises he can't keep all the fucking time!" Ok, now this anger sounds really personal.

"Did he do something to hurt you in the past?" I asked. He looked at me.

"That's not the topic of discussion. What did he do to your friend, Meg that's what you called her right?" He asked and I nodded.

"She's not dead that's one thing I'm grateful for," I said.

"She wrote you a letter Raina, of course, she is not dead"

"But not for long" He added. Who says that to someone?!

"What?" I asked, scared.

"A vampire is involved. Our kind and their kind have never been best of friends" He explained. You were a thousand years ago I wanted to say but Henrietta told me not to tell him she took me to the library. How else would I have known the story if I did not read the book in the library so I just kept shut and nodded.

"So, can you help my friend?" I asked.

"I will try Rain but you must know I will not do anything that puts my pack at risk. They come first. I am their alpha and they trust me to make the best decisions to keep them safe" When he said they came first it stung.

   What about me? I thought. I should not let this hurt me. Remember it's always been you. Nobody truly cares. If he does not help I will do something about it myself. That is why I hate people. Henrietta changed my view of people. She showed me, people could be nice and mean well. She's the only one I truly trust has good intentions for me. After Megan, she comes next and that is all. They alone are the people I don't hate. My attraction to Lucian is simply the work of the mate bond that I know of.

"Did you hear me, Raina?" Lucian asked. I nodded.

  "Yes, loud and clear"  I replied.

  "Let's go and give Lucas a call" He announced standing up. I stood up and trailed behind him as we walked up the stairs to his office. He unlocked the door and I entered. I sat on the chair facing his own seat. I picked his phone and dialled a number.

"Alpha Lucian on the call" He introduced himself.

  "How would I not know dear brother" What? Brother? What is going on? I have never really seen alpha Lucas but how can they be brothers. With the way, Lucian kept talking it was obvious he did not think I heard. I am shocked I even heard, his cellphone is not on the loudspeaker. With the way, they were both whispering I shouldn't hear but I cann. I tried to keep a straight face so he will not figure it out. He slammed his phone on the table making the poor thing crack.

"What is it?" I asked, eager to hear what he has to say.

"He already made the deal. The vampire has sealed his own end of the deal so there is nothing we can do" He informed me.

Tears flow down on my cheeks freely as I thought of all the possible things that could happen to Megan. Not her. She does not deserve any of this.

"We can't make a deal with him to take her?" I asked sniffing. He shook his head no.

"I told you, I can't put my pack at risk. Vampires are not to be trusted!" He shouted but I knew he wasn't shouting at me, he was just angry because he felt helpless.

"Fine. I'm not in your pack, that means I can do something about it" I announced standing up. Lucian stood up immediately too. He held my hands to stop me from moving.

"I'll do something about it okay?. I will try my best. Just, please don't do anything to put yourself at risk. Please". I nod

"Promise?" He asked to confirm.

"Promise" I assured him. If only you keep your promise but I didn't say that how loud.

"Let me take you back to your room and then I'll see what I can do," He said. I nodded cleaning my tears.

  Lucian locked his office again as soon as we left. He held me by my waist as we walked down to the second floor. The thing about Lucian that amazes me about Lucian is how he is this nice and his pack is still strong. Don't get me wrong, being nice does not make you a weak leader but seeing the good in everyone makes you a weak leader.

  I opened the door to the room and Lucian followed. He made sure I was laying on my bed before he left. Wanted to make sure I will truly rest when he leaves. I assured him I was not planning to go anywhere so he left a kiss on my cheeks and left me alone in the room giving me enough time to think.

  Lucian Randolfr you should never be gullible if you want to lead a strong pack. Never trust anyone even when it includes your own family. You never know who is watching your every move.

Happy new month!