Twenty nine

FLASHBACK TO A THOUSAND YEARS AGO

"Guinevere" Shivers went down my spine when I heard the now familiar voice scream my name. I suddenly became scard. Had I done something bad to provoke him? The door to his chamber flung open and my eyes quickly close shut.

"Stand up" He orders and I did immediately.

"What is it I am hearing about you dinning with the wolf?" He asked again. I hurriedly shook my head in protest. I dared not speak against him so I stops still as he lashed out.

"Speak!" He roared making his fangs come out. I was scared. My months of working here he has never done that to me. Yes he has gotten angry but not not like this. Some even say he's nicest to me of all the slaves here. I was scared of him not because he hurt me but because of the stories I heard of him.

"He_he_" I stammered tears already threatening to fall as I fell when I slipped from walking backwards .

"Talk Guinevere! Answer my question" He screamed at me.

"I only did as I was instructed" I answered his question knowing it was going to provoke him but what was I supposed to say?

"Who are you to obey?!" He asked, his voice angrier than before.

"You" i mutter.

"That's right, me. What have I instructed you never to do?" He asked.

"Not_not_to b_e seen with_any male" I rambled standing up.

"And what did you do today?" He asked.

"I defiled your order" I reply just wanting to leave before he gets too angry and hurt me like I've seen him do a lot of times.

"What happens to people who disobey me?" He growled.

"Death" I burst out in tears. He took two steps and I took three steps away from him.

"Don't anger me further Guinevere. Don't move!" I stopped immediately and closed my eyes. I felt his breath on my face and whimpered.

"Please" I begged.

"Meet me at the tree behind this in three hours. Don't be late" He held my shoulders. My heart skipped a beat thinking he wanted to do something to me but instead he rubbed them for a second before turning towards his bathroom.

"Do not be late Guinevere" He slammed the door and I ran out of his chamber shivering and scared. I bowed my head as I walked towards the main building of the compound when I got stopped.

"Guinevere" I stopped and looked behind me. My eyes went wide when I saw Lilith. I walked back to meet with her but before I, even more, three steps she already was in front of me. I sometimes forget the speed of these creatures.

"I don't like you," She said. I don't like you too I thought. I nodded and listened to her talk about how much she didn't adore me.

"But It has come to my notice that Ambrogio has taken a liking to you"

"I don't know what you are talking about," I tell her truthfully. She laughed and held a strand of my hair between her fingers.

"Of course you don't. Humans are stupid and you never see what is in front of you" She snapped.

"Sorry" I mumbled.

"As you know my brother is not my favourite person which is why I am telling you this. He takes a liking to you and if you are wise which your people are not you will take that as an opportunity to make rise to your rank" I just stood and stared at Lilith talking about how I could move away from being a slave if I used this information to my advantage.

"I see you are interested, Guinevere" She smiled. Lilith never smiles. I nod in response.

"You are not as stupid as the humans I've come across. I know he wants to meet you soon. Seduce him" She instructs. How she even found out is beyond me but seduce Ambrigio? Who can do that? That man behaves like steel.

"How?" I asked fearfully. What if I ask too many questions and she leaves? Shut it Guinevere.

"I take my words back. All humans are stupid. Seduce him, you are a woman you should be able to do that" She snaps at me and walked away.

"One more thing" She suddenly turned.

"Don't think we are acquaintances" I nod and she walked away.

Lilith said, Ambrogio, has a liking to me. How true is this? What if it is not and he kills me. This is her plot to kill me. I can try my luck. If what she says is true this might me my chance to be free not from vampires but from being a slave. I walked to my chamber in which I share with nine other girls.

I wrapped a clothe around my body and went to clean my skin of sweat and tears. When I finished I used a small oil that we always have given to us to smell good whenever we have to follow our masters out to carter for them or they have a meeting that requires us to be presentable. As I did this the girls didn't look my way which I am thankful for. We don't talk to each other. Keeping friends is a waste of time. We are busy most of the day. The night was beginning to fall so I make my way out of the room and walked down to the tree.

I waited for what seemed like hours before my master, Ambrogio approached me.

"You are early" He stated.

"In the hope, I will get your mercy of life in return" I smiled at him. He looked at me weirdly. I never smile but unlike what I had expected he smirked in return. He did not get angry or question which confirms the theory, Lilith told me. He does have a liking to me but I should not overdo this now before it all blows up in my face. A step at a time I convinced myself.