Eighteen

He let me walk out of his office first and he locked the door behind him as we both made our way out.

"This is the third floor in the pack house which is Practically mine because it has my office and my room" He announced. I nodded letting him know I was listening to him.

"The room beside my office is my bedroom," He said again.

"What are all these closed doors?" I asked out of curiosity.

"These rooms are private rooms only the Alpha family has access to. You will get to know more about them later". When we trust you, you mean. Of course, I didn't say this aloud. He pushed aside the deeper explanation of what was behind those doors. He held my waist and further explained what was on the third floor making sure not to disclose anything of substance to me. I don't blame him. I also won't trust someone like that because whatever was behind those doors was definitely important.

We walked down the long stairs together. I was almost out of breath as we got to the second floor. Why didn't I feel this way when I was going up? Because you were anxious. I said to myself. Lucian didn't look like he just walked down that long stairs. Thinking back it's not too long but I'm not used to climbing.

"As you already know this is the second floor and it has all rooms" He explained.

"Of every pack member?" I said shocked at the information, sure the hallway was very long as having entire two rooms on this floor I know how big each room is but every pack member?. He laughed at my question and I felt stupid, of course not dummy, I scolded myself.

"Of course not. There are thirty rooms on each side in total on this floor. Twenty rooms for visitors in which you occupy one already. The beta and his mate alongside the alpha family members who are interested in staying in the pack house. The rest of these rooms are occupied by warriors"

"That's great" Very awkward thing to say, Raina, I scolded myself again. Argh. Lucian doesn't say anything about my weird reply but continues instead.

"Do you want me I show you to Henrietta's room?" He offered.

"She showed it to be earlier" I explained. He smiled.

"Of course she did, how else would you have known my office" He criticized his sentence.

"Yeah she brought me to your office" I repeated. I give up on making conversations.

"Let's do downstairs where most of the pack members are most of the day" I nodded.

"Pack members have these smaller houses built around the pack territory for each family. Special houses are specifically built for larger families. Ninety percentage of the working class have their own jobs must among the humans who of course have no clues they are shapeshifters" He explained on our way down the stairs.

"What about you? Do you work with the human race?" I asked.

"Yes. Most of the income this pack earns comes from businesses with the humans and they are also very useful for other things" He added.

"Other things?" I let out my confusion.

"You see the humans still believe shapeshifters and other supernatural beings are mythology so they get interested in learning about us making them know about us and even things we don't know about ourselves. The good thing is that they don't believe we exist" He said.

"You believe there are other supernatural beings," I asked.

"I don't believe Rain, I know because I have met with a few of them. Werewolves aren't the only shapeshifters" He clarified.

"Wow. What others are there"

"I'll tell you all about them. Today is for the tour" He let out.

"This is the first floor where the dining room and kitchen area which you already know. This place also has the sitting room area where pack members come to play games or spend time together. The pups are outside most of the time while the older pups are in school most of the day"

"A school for wolves?"

"No. Our pack doesn't have that. They attend a school owned by humans, over the years we haven't had any issue" He defended.

"Thank you for the tour" I thanked him after he finished with his explanation. That's the pack house done and he's probably busy now.

"It's time for lunch" He said. I held my tummy for a while before answering him.

"I'm still stuffed up from this morning" I confessed.

"You don't eat well, what's the issue?" I looked at him confused as to why he was taking this seriously. It's not a big deal I don't want lunch.

"I've only been here four days, how do you think I don't eat well enough?" I asked.

"For the average wolf you don't well. Wolves tend to consume more food and you barely eat" He said.

"My body is not use to eating much. It takes time to adjust" I defended.

"I understand. I'm not trying to force anything on you. I was worried but I get you need some time. Let's do something else then" He offered.

"And you skip lunch? No. I'll be with you while you eat if you don't mind" I quickly added.

"If I don't mind you want to spend time with me?"

Lunch was very little rice and a lot of meat and turkey cute in little sizes that filled the plate. I sat opposite his seat and watched him as he ate. This was a sight I didn't mind.

"Tomorrow is going to be a busy day" He started between meal.

"What is going on tomorrow?" I implored.

"It is a surprise but you need all the rest you need because you will be out all day" He explained further. A smile crept to my face, the same way a tinted ref colour filled my face. I didn't know how to respond to the information but I was excited and I couldn't stop thinking about what it could be.