five

THREE MONTHS LATER
*************************
" You missed a spot" Taryn yells. I sign and go back to the spot she says I missed. I bend down and wipe it with the cloth in my hands. She smiles.
"Bye" She practically yells at me. I roll my eyes making sure my eyes are covered with my hair so she doesn't see me being rude to her.
"Rain" I stop when I hear Wren call me.
"How are you?" He asks. I turn to look at him.
"I don't know. I don't think I can go through another heat alone again" I tell him. He looks at me with sympathy and I sign.
"Don't look at me like that" I complain.
"Like how?" He asks.
"Like you pity me. Don't pity me, this is my fault" I tell him. Wren and I started talking a few weeks after Lucian marked me. We are not as close but we still talk from time to time especially when it's almost time for me to go through my heat. Basically, heat is a period every female werewolf that has been marked but not mated undergoes. During this period her scent attracts all unmated wolves and she will be in serious pain until she mates with someone. The pain gets worse each time.
"I don't pity you. I am angry at that asshole"
"He's your brother's friend" I remind him.
"I don't care"
"If I didn't run that night he would never have done this so it is my fault and you can't blame him, besides he told your brother he didn't do it," I tell him.
"Argh. Why are you so calm after all the pain you've been through because of him! Why does Logan even believe him?" He asks.
"I doubt he does. They are friends and a slave is not worth the fight" I laugh.
"I still won't let this go. I promise" I hug him.
"I need to get ready for tonight. We don't want your sister getting angry now, do we?" I ask with a hint of playfulness in my voice.
"I hope you don't get taken," He says.
"I doubt that this time. I am getting older and becoming a liability to take care of" I inform him.
"Doesn't stop me from hoping"
"I gained weight already some Alpha will love to have a virgin as his new sex toy" My joke makes Wren frown.
"Don't talk like that" He scolds.
"It's the truth. Bye Wren. I can't believe I've known you since I was still a teenager" I leave a kiss on his cheeks and I turn to leave.
"I'll make sure to call if you eventually get chosen" He promises.
"Promise?" I ask.
"Promise" He leaves towards his room and walks down the hall to my own room.
As soon as I took my seat on the bed I take out my sheet of paper and pen to write a letter to Megan. She says she is with Alpha Lucas and he is not the very best when he sleeps with her but she's finding a way to adjust to her new life. I even suggested she ran away then she reminded me that she was bought and even if she runs and she gets caught, her life will be much worse than it is right now. I make sure she knows my Current situation in my new letter to her. I seal the envelope and take it to the office to get it posted.
******************
"This time around there is no auction. Some of you have been specially requested for so I will just call you out and the rest of you get to go back to work" Logan announces. My heart sinks when he announces this. There is no chance to hide or pull a stunt. Whoever they already paid for are going to leave with no questions. He starts announcing the name and I smile when I did not hear him call my name.
"And lastly Raina Belmont to Alpha Lucian Randolfr" He smirks. The crushing feeling I feel right now is unexplainable. He remembers me! He fucking remembers! For the past months, he pretended not to know what he did to me. On my way to the room to take a small bag, I already packed if I actually got chosen, which I was chosen Logan stops me.

"You shouldn't have lied against him Raina, I don't think Lucian appreciates that" He snarls and walks past me. I refrained from rolling my eyes. I carry a bag that contains only my toothbrush and toothpaste. My hairbrush and body lotion along with a few of my favourite work clothes. I leave the letter for Logan and Wren on my desk. I want to leave before Wren comes looking for me. I hope he does so that he will at least see the letter I dropped for him. I walk slowly past the other girls that keep crying. There is nothing they can do to change their situation, why do they keep crying. Sometimes we don't give up because there is nothing we can do, we give up because we know our current situation is the best we've ever gotten and it's the best we will ever get. I ignore the crying girls as I made my way to the front of the packhouse. I scan the room for Lucian but I smell him even before I caught sight of him. I walk towards him.

"I'm ready," I say.

"Rain, I'm so_"

"It's Raina, Alpha" I correct him. He has made my life a living hell for me. I was told of I obeyed everyone I would be fine. I did obey them but in the end, I get to go through the pain all by myself for something I keep blaming myself for.

"You can't pretend not to know who I am now, can you Raina?" He asks. I scoff, angry that he even has the nerve to say that to me.

"Wow, so you do know me. If my memory serves me right I'm just another slave girl trying to get to the top by lying" I tell him exactly what Logan told me the night he came back and expressed his anger towards me for lying against his friend.

"I didn't mean that" He argues.

"Do you really what to be seen talking to a slave-like this? in public?" I ask, rhetorically. Obviously no. When he doesn't say anything I smile.

"I thought as much. Where is your car?" I ask. He shows me the way to his car. I enter the car and wait for him to drive. As he starts the engine of the car I see Wren running towards the car holding my letter. I wrote the entire truth in the letter. I lied to him about what happened that night and now that he knows the truth he wants to talk. I doubt his brother will think the same.