Three

I stay for a while before I stand up. I walk down the hall to search for the little lost princess.
"Alpha Lucian just came in and I want you to serve him" She orders. I refrain from rolling my eyes at her.
" I mean now!" She screams. I ignore her behaviour as I make my way to the kitchen. I make him the fastest meal I can make at the time which is chicken and a little it of sauce with rice. This we barely eat. Meat in all different kinds is what we feast on but something in me is just feeling it today. Taryn came in twenty minutes later to yell at me but smirks when she sees the food set.
"Where do I place it?" I ask.
"Dining table" She replies and walks away. I carry the tray of food and follow her.
As I walk in the fresh scent of pine and wood hits my nostrils. I can't sniff because it will be too rude for the visitor. I walk towards the blonde with long hair that is sitting facing away from me. I quicken my steps until I finally stop beside him send slide the tray on the table. The smell is stronger here meaning the Alpha Lucian smells this good. I was about to leave when he suddenly holds my wrist a little too tight for my comfort. I try wiggling out of this hold but I have this odd tingling sensation passing through my bloodstreams.
"Want to have a taste?" Kade asks. I show my disgust when I glare at him. Lucian chuckles.
"No" That kinda bruised my ego. Everything happening is just making the situation worse. He's still holding unto me. I bend and ask.
"Is there anything I can do for you?" I ask. He smirks.
"You really are oblivious hmm?" He asks. I look at him weirdly but as I was about to talk my wolf decides to make an appearance
"Mate, mate" She yells happily. My eyes go wide a soon as the words registered in my brain. I yank my hand off his reach and run. I run the fastest I've ever run in years. When I got a little close to the border making sure I did not get past it for my good. I rest on a tree and take deep breaths as I try to recall the events of this night in a blur. I met my mate and he is Alpha. Alpha's are terrible for slaves like me. My face is still buried in my palm I take deep breaths. What I'm I supposed to do?. I won't deny the fact that I have always wanted a mate that will take me out of this awful place and treat me like I have always wanted. After seeing that my own mate is an Alpha, an Alpha that is my own Alpha's friend. If they are friends they are surely alike. What if he is friends with Logan? My inner mind asks. I nod to nobody but keeping my mind open about what is to come for me and my life. I hope he is Logan's friend. Will that even make a difference. I am twenty-two I shouldn't have run especially not to somewhere I could be easily tracked down. My scent will still be very strong in his nostrils. I sign after I realize my own foolishness. I make a move to stand up and hide in my own room and hope and believe that my mate Alpha Lucian will ask about me and want me. I hear dry leaves and fallen tree branches being crushed by the angry stomps of wolf paws running in my direction. I stand up as quickly as I can and hold my breath. The wolf which I still haven't seen sniffs loudly trying to find me. I know it is Lucian but the fear in me did not allow me to think straight. When he walked past the tree I was hiding behind I run towards the packhouse. The angry stomps were now after me. Stupid move. What makes me think I can outrun this Alpha. Before I made it anywhere I was pushed forcefully in the ground, his wolf now standing above me, trapping me between him. My eyes are closed shut so I don't know how his wolf looks like. I felt the presence of the wolf left from above my head but his wolf was standing right above my head. I quickly stand up and take deep breaths. I open my eyes and looked behind me, meeting his eyes face to face. I take in a sharp breath and exhaled. I stay like that for a while before he moved away from my shifts to his human form. I look away from his body because I know he will be naked and I am not about to stare at him naked.
"Why did you run?" He asks, anger laced in his voice. Disgust in his eyes as I stare at him hard. I take deep breaths.
"I panicked. I didn't mean to" I reply. He laughs then suddenly stops.
"Really?" He asks. He moves closer to me as his beautiful green eyes bore into my eyes entering my soul.
"Yes_" I reply unsure of what he wants my answer to be.
"You shouldn't have run. Now my wolf is angry" He growls. I swallow hard.
"I am sorry okay. I have work to do and I don't want to be punished" I say snapping at him. Why is he talking like some control freak? I panicked and he doesn't even care to ask what I am doing.
"Don't raise your voice at me!" He sounded angrier now. I chuckled.
"Why? Because you are an Alpha and can't stand being yelled at?" I ask. He takes a deep breath.
"Don't make me angry. Stand up!" He commands.
"Why. I'm not going with you" I say angrily. His green eyes change colour and now they are gold like. His eyes flickered between these colours for a while before they stay good. He moves dangerously closer. Before I can register my situation his teeth sink into the nape of my neck as he bites harder and marked me as his. Another bite then another to make his mark deeper into my skin.