Ten

"Oh my, you're awake. You got me really scared" I groan and open my eyes slowly to see Rietta standing over me. I put on a smile.

"Hey" She smiles as she helps me to sit up.

"I was so worried" She repeats.

"I'm fine" I assure her. She frowns.

"Is your heat always that painful?" I nod.

"Yes, it gets worse each time but I'm getting used to it" I try to convince her but she does not believe me.

"You didn't look fine yesterday"

"Trust me it's not always that bad. Yesterday was different maybe because I was closer to my mate" I tell her.

"This is Lucian's fault! Why did he even do this in the first place?"

"I'll be fine. Thank you for being there for me I really appreciate you" I mention to her. She smiles at me.

"I'm happy you're here to. I need to have a word with  Lucian" I stop her in her way out.

"Stop" I scream. She stops and turns back looking at me like I'm some crazy girl.

"What?" She asks. I swallow.

"I don't want you talking to Lucian about me" I announce.

"What? Why!" She says dumbfound.

"Because, I don't want him trying because his little asked him to. I don't want to force any of this one him" I explain.

"Oh Raina, he needs to see what you're going through to truly understand what you feel"

"No, he is supposed to be here either ways" I almost snap but I keep in mind that Henrietta is not at fault in any of this and I shouldn't push away the only member that has being willing to take me in as a person.

"I explained to you, he's just confused and he needs a reason to try, some kind of motivation"

"Are you serious right now Rietta? He needs a reason to be there for his mate and stand up for her? That's some bullshit especially if it's coming from you" She looks angry at what I said but keeps her cool.

"He's my brother and_" I cut in mid sentence

"And you would do anything just keep his mate in the pack even when he doesn't have interest right?"

"He is interested, he needs time" She explains again.

"I do hope he doesn't think I'm going to be here and wait till he's ready" I say making my way to the bathroom.

"What do you mean?" She questions.

"I mean it whichever you understand it" I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I hear the door close and exhale.

   We are not kids and we know exactly what is expected of his as soulmate so why is mine acting like a child that needs time to be ready. I'm the one who needs all the time in the world. I was claimed without my permission and now I have to stay in this awful place. My stomach grumbles making me dress up faster. I literally have no clothes so I just put on my old maid uniform from yesterday.

  On my way out I notice the plate of food on the table. I am going to eat this instead. Cold food isn't the best but I've grown to be used to it by now so I carry the plate to eat.

   I munch on my food quietly and rest my back on the touch thinking of what to do with my day. I can't just sit around and do nothing so after breakfast I am going to clean up this room.

  I stroll out of the room with the empty plate and now empty cup of water to put the dish in the kitchen Ana clean it up before starting with my room. Luckily for me I don't have anyone in the hallway bothering me. I smile when I see that there is no one in the kitchen so I just quickly wash the plate and the cup. Confused as to where to place the two items I just got cleaned I decide to leave them at the island in the kitchen for someone who likes more about this giant kitchen. I don't feel right leaving something like that but I have no other choice. At least I washed the plate.

Before leaving I make sure to drink two cups of water then making my way to the room. I remove all the cloths form my small bag which of cause my cloths aren't a lot but still something. I arrange the cloths inside a drawer by the bed side of the bed. I stuff my small black bag inside the second drawer. I proceed to clean up the bathroom.

The bathroom is taking much longer than I expected. I've been here for about twenty minutes now. I scrub the bathroom and as for the dusting I'd the entire room done. I look around the room I search of a mop to clean the floor. I don't find any so I leave the room to get one.

I stare at angry Lucy in the kitchen. I ignore her range and start to search for the mop.

"Who did this, Chloe!" She screams at the top of her voice. I look at her, angry that she gets to behave like an asshole only to realize what is making her scream that much. She is holding the plate and cup I used.

A young girl runs in and greets her not looking scared in any way.

"Do you known who did this?" She asks gently. The shock after seeing this can not be explained. Where did all her screaming go. She just went calm.

"No" The girl I now know has Chloe answers.

"Ok then get back to work Chloe, see you at lunch" She smiles at her. Chloe smiles back and I realize that this is not something new seeing that Chloe didn't look shocked or anything at all.

"I know you did it" I look up at her.

"After cleaning the plate and cup I didn't know where to arrange them so I dropped them neatly on the island" I emphasize on the 'neatly' in my sentence.

"Should have known it would be the slave who has no idea what to do when she meets royalty" I choose to ignore but this angers her as she gets close to me and pull me down my shoulder. I bite my lips to avoid making any sound to satisfy her. She did a number on me yesterday and I haven't even recovered yet.

"STOP!"