Thirty three

My paws hit the hot fallen leaves and small tree branches as I ran through the bushes to get to my destination. Knowing how competitive Lucy was I knew she would follow despite knowing fully well that I had just crossed the pack territory. Lost in my thoughts I had not seen the taller thick tree in front of me so I hit it and feel. Lucy stood beside me for a while. I growled at her wolf and she took off. I stood up immediately too. I shook my fur before taking off in a very fast sprint. Surprisingly for me, I didn't know I was this fast. Not long after I was now running side by side with her wolf. She looked at me before taking off. Why do I keep getting distracted? If she runs in another direction this will be a wasted effort so I take my money off everything and thought solely about the price.

I ran past her again and she follows me. Not long after this out wolves were standing in front of him. Lucy's wolf walked back but I changed.

"Clothes" I inquired. He smiled at me before throwing a big white shirt at me. I put the shirt on and looked back at Lucy's wolf walking to the back of a tree. Her wolf jumped and snatched a piece of clothing from the tree. She changed behind the tree and came back already wearing something. She did this like she knew the clothing was there already. How? I erased that from my mind before turning back to the vampire.

"Where is she?" I asked with a frown that she was taking so much time to finish his own end of the deal.

"Bring her" I saw two other tall and lean paled skin people drag Megan's familiar hair but her skin no longer held its beauty. Her skin was paler than snow and as they handled her without the care she made no protest, her hair hung low. She was already tired of fighting and she just allowed them to treat her how they wanted.

"What did you do?!" I snapped walking closer to him. Before taking two steps she was thrown to the ground right in front of my legs. I hurriedly knelt down to check on her.

Her eyes were wide open, her body had a stinking smell and that was when I realised, Megan is DEAD. This vampire knew this and he made me bring Lucy.

"She's dead!" I cried. He laughed.

"Never said she was alive. You asked for her and I brought her to you" I replied.

"Care to explain what the hell is going on" Lucy finally spoke up. I looked up at her with tears clouding my eyes.

"I_I_" I could not form any reasonable sentence. The ache in my heart was just too much. Megan didn't deserve this. None of us did. She did everything that was asked of her. Never disobedient in the hope it was going to set her free. She did everything they wanted!

"You see dear_" The vampire started. Lucy frowned at that.

"Don't call me that" She protested. He only smiled and then continued.

"I made a deal with your friend here," She said to her.

"What sick deal!" She snapped. He didn't respond so she looked at me.

"Why will you make a deal with a vampire?! Don't you think?" She screamed at me. In my distress, her statement angered me. Who did she think she was to talk to me that way.

"Nobody would bring my friend back to me! I did what I had to do to get her back!" I screamed at her.

"Yeah_ her fucking dead body!. What stupid deal did you make?" She asked again. I wanted to respond when the vampire beat me to it.

"For her friend, she agreed to bring you to me. We have unfinished business" She started moving closer to us.

"Rollo," The words fall out of her mouth with her right hand forward pointing at him. He immediately fell to the ground groaning. She turned to face me.

"That won't hold him for long. Let's go!" She screamed shifting into her wolf. I did the same quickly. I grabbed Megan's body with my teeth and ran. I could hear the branches behind me breaking and the stomps of his feet following us. Megan is slowing me down so I dragged her body behind a tree and ran faster than I ever thought with Lucy beside me running without looking back. Why did she help me and not leave me there?

As soon as the packhouse comes into view I grinned and walked slowly into the house with Lucy. Lucian's parents were no longer here just Rietta and Lucian standing.

"Where are they?" Rietta asked.

"I can scent her. They are here" if I wasn't so angry and sad I would have smiled at that. I walked past both of them calling my name and went into the room. I changed in front of my room and opened the door. I locked the door and went straight into the bathroom. The constant shapeshifting is making my body ache. I am not used to changing this often.

I let myself get lost in the pain of Megan's death and my stupidity of trusting that the vampire will bring Megan dead. This means she was probably dead before I even read her letter. Letting the cool water soothe my sore joints and heart I fell asleep.

I woke up from my ten minutes nap and applied a little lotion to my skin and I put on shorts and a big blue shirt feeling hungry so I left the room to go down and get some food. I walked down the stairs only to meet them talking. Probably about me so I ignore them as I pick a chicken wing from the bowl in the dining where they were seated.

"Aren't you going to apologise" That was the first thing said to me after the death of my only frienda and it was Lucian who said this statement. I looked at him.

"I did nothing wrong" I replied him.

"You almost got my beta female killed and you see no wrong in that!. What is wrong with you?" His voice was loud obvious that he was angry. I shrugged and picked another chicken wing crushing the bones as soon as they got to my mouth.

"I am talking to you," Lucian said. He's angry I ignored him.

"Don't yell at me because of her" I rolled my eyes.

"You don't get it, do you?" He started.

"This is not about yelling at you. Everyone has been nothing but accommodating to you. Everyone has been reaching out to you and all you do is betray and find something to complain about. What is wrong with you" He shouted.

"Don't talk like you trust me. My friend just died the least you can do is leave me the hell alone!" I screamed.

"You did not give any of us a reason to trust you" He responded leaving. I hissed and picked up three chicken wings and left the dining.

If they won't be considerate I have no reason to stay here with them.