Treinta Y Tres/Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, they fսcking did. The pipe bomb, your fingerprints all over it. Blood of four brothers on your fսcking hands... and you want to talk about trust?"

"No one from Stockton got hit. Where's Dondo?"

"Accusations have consequences."

"Enough!" Alvarez put an end to their fighting before dismissing them.

~ MAYANS ~ ~ MAYANS ~

They anxiously waited in the waiting room while being given no new updates about Nails or the baby. Felipe called Angel, repeatedly, while Izzy called and texted EZ, telling him to tell his brother to come to the hospital. Neither heard a response. Izzy sighed, looking down at the time on her phone.

"Got somewhere to be?" Felipe asked, approaching her.

"I was gonna go check on Letty and Hope." She told him, "Coco... he died."

"Go." Felipe nodded, "Check in."

"But-"

"I'll call if I know something, or hear from either of my sons... who don't seem to be talking to me."

"I'll be back." Izzy squeezed his forearm, "I'll come right back. If you see her-"

"Yeah."

"Thank you."

Izzy hurried out of the hospital parking lot. She borrowed Felipe's truck and headed back to her temporary home.

"Hello? You okay? Is Hope around? You hungry?"

"You brought me chicken nuggets. Am I six?"

"I got you a cheeseburger, too."

"He would have hated to see it this way."

She sat outside the house in the truck and took deep breaths, tears already in her eyes as she imagined how upset both of them were. All of the overwhelming emotions from the day were getting to her. She sucked back her tears, wiped her face, and walked up the driveway. The sun was setting and it was getting dark. As she entered the living room, she heard a quiet, "Hey," and found Letty sitting on the sofa. Izzy rushed forward, grabbing her friend, pulling her into her arms.

"I'm sorry." Her voice cracked,  as she started crying, feeling Letty hug her back just as tightly.

"Where have you been?" Letty sniffled.

"The hospital. Nails- the baby-"

"Are-are they okay?"

"I don't know. I don't-" The sound of the toilet flushing, and the bathroom door opening, interrupted her. The watery smile fell from Izzy's face as she watched Angel walk out. He noticed Izzy standing there, nodding, "Hey, so... I'm gonna go..."

Izzy turned to Letty who blushed and avoided her gaze, looking down at her lap, standing up with tears falling down her face, "You! You motherfucker!"

"What?" Angel held up his hands as Izzy rushed forward, "What?!"

"Do you know where I've been?!" Izzy screamed, slamming him back as hard as she could, watching him stumble into the wall behind him, "You fucking prick!"