Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Can we join you? Aria needs a bath and I just want to see you naked." A wink is followed after Anya's words, making me chuckle.

"Sure," I shrug my shoulders, "Why not?"

We all head upstairs and into the master bathroom. While Anya gets naked, I set Aria down on her little holder that we have in the bathroom, to change her. She smiles at me when I tickle her belly once she's naked.

I absolutely adore her smile. Since she has no teeth, it's just her little gums showing. Her eyes light up and they squint, a dimple appearing on her left cheek. I never thought I would be the type of dad to give my child whatever they wanted, but I would give Aria everything when she smiles at me like that.

"Come on, nakey peanut. Mommy's waiting for you in the shower." Passing Aria over to Anya, I strip, then climb in behind them. My baby girl seems to be enjoying the water, if her loud giggles and large smile are any indicator. Then again, she loves any sort of water.

The thought gives me an idea that I voice out loud, "We should buy a floatie for Aria and take her swimming in the pool. She's old enough and we both know how much she loves the water."

"I don't know why I never thought of that. Especially when our baby is a little fishy. Aren't ya, peanut?"

Aria looks up at Anya like the woman is crazy, but then her attention goes elsewhere when Anya's breasts begin to leak. My peanut begins to root around on her mother's chest, looking for her nipple.

"Goodness, baby girl. You act like I never feed you." Anya huffs and helps her latch on. It's true, though. Aria always acts like she's starving.

Anastasia (Aria) POV:

It's the middle of the night and I've been laying in my crib by myself for a little while, listening to Anya and Maxim arguing. Their voices are loud, so loud that they startled me awake.

Now, I'm not one to play marriage counselor, but I will tell them that they need to shut the hell up. I may be eighteen in my mind, but I'm physically still an infant. I need sleep and lots of it too.

"For fucks sake, Maxim. You got drunk, trashed a bar, and ended up in jail. All I'm saying, is that you need to do better. Not only for yourself, but for Aria as well. She doesn't deserve that and neither do I!"

"It was one time, Anya! One time! You know I've been sober! I am trying to do better. I apologized, what more do you want from me!?" Maxim bellows, inadvertently scaring me.

My arms fail about in my swaddle and my pacifier falls out of my mouth. Suddenly, I'm scared to be alone. A whimper builds in my throat and I release it, the sound turning into a cry.

"Great, Max. You woke the baby." Anya scoffs as she comes into the room. The woman looks pissed, but her features soften when she leans down into the crib to grab me.

Actually, it was originally her voice that woke me in the first place. I was perfectly content to lay here silently while they argued. Their drama is fun to listen to most of the time. Sometimes, it does go a little too far for my tastes. Especially when I'm trying to sleep.

"Hello, angel. Mama's got you. Let's change this stinky bum." I'm laid down on the changing table while Anya gets to work changing me. As soon as my swaddle is off, goosebumps form on my arms and legs. They keep this house too cold for my tastes.

I'm wiped, changed, and powered before a new diaper is taped around my waist "Why don't you come and sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room tonight. We'll have a little sleepover."

Hell no. They're about to use me as a buffer for their little fight. Before I can even wail my displeasure, a pacifier is put back in my mouth and I'm carried into their bedroom.

Maxim is sitting on the side of the bed with his elbows resting on his knees. He looks up when we enter and says, "Look, I don't want to fight with you anymore. We're both tired and in need of some sleep. Let's just lay down and we can rehash this argument in the morning."

A sigh is what comes out of Anya next. She nods and lays me down in the middle of the bed. Her hand rests on my stomach as she rests on her side.

"Do you want some milk before you go back to sleep, peanut. Mommy doesn't feel like waking up a hundred times because you're hungry."

She would be hungry too every few hours if all she had to drink is milk. Nevertheless, when Anya lifts her shirt and offers me her breast, I try to latch on. It's kind of hard to get the right latch at the angle we're laying at.

My frustration mounts and I release a sharp cry. "I'm sorry. Here, let's try this."

My body is moved so I'm laying on top of Anya with her breast right in front of my face. Finally, I can latch on correctly. I suckle for all I'm worth and practically melt into her body. Yeah, I may dispise Anya a tiny bit more than Maxim, but her body is warm and comfortable.

"I just thought of something, Max." Anya whispers while patting my butt. I'm almost asleep. I won't lie and say that having my butt patted isn't comfortable. It's nice to have somebody soothe me. That doesn't mean I still want to be a baby, though.

"What is it?" Maxim replies, slipping into bed beside us.

"What happened with the rest of our luggage? You walked in with only your wallet and a backpack."

"I'm having it shipped to us. Part of me getting out of jail was I needed to leave the country right away. Didn't have time to stop and pack up our stuff."

"Mmm. Okay." Anya mumbles. Her voice is thick with exhaustion. Since I'm laying on her chest, I can feel the up and down rise of it as she breathes. That, and the constant patting on my diapered butt causes me to fall asleep.

I'm hoping I sleep through their argument tomorrow morning. All I'm saying, is they better keep it down. Staying this cute needs beauty sleep.