34. Is FAB 5 back?

Start from the beginning

Muk: but how come you have all these instruments?

Tar: I love music and I listen to your music daily. I told Angel di that even I want to become a musician, so she got me all these instruments.

Fab 5 were completely out of words. They didn't know what to say, they just couldn't stop themselves but praise Nandini for being such a selfless soul, how she takes care of each and every wish of every child in the orphanage.

They were roaming around and seeing the instruments, it was a different feeling for them, MUSIC. which was their first love, seeing that again after 2 long years was giving them a strange satisfaction. They were brought out of their land by Tarush.

Tar: Sorry, I know it's not that good quality which you people use but that is all I have now.

Al: Hey champ, you don't need to say sorry, all this is so beautiful, you can't imagine how happy we are feeling.

Dhr: Alya is right Champ. These are perfect and I guess new too, right?

Tar: Yes. they are new, Angel di brought this yesterday only. (and he bites his tongue)

Fab 4 were still in their gaze looking at the instruments but there was one who heard what Tarush said, Manik. He was surprised or rather amused that Nandini had arranged all this yesterday itself. He was looking around when he found a violin which was looking old.

Man: Champ, whose violin is that?

Tar: Angel di.

Man (surprised): Nandini plays vioiln?

Tar: I don't know, when she came she only had this Violin and Arohi.

Man (confused): She came? From where?

Tar: I don't know. She came here 2 years back. From then onwards she is my Angel di, now please hurry up no, I want to hear you all.

Manik got confused on knowing about Nandini.

Man (self talk): Nandini came here 2 years back? That means she didn't live here from childhood, then where did she live? And Arohi, how is she connected to Nandini?

Cab: Manik, what are you thinking? You surely want to do this?

Man: Ah yes Cabir, let's do it.

Every member carried their respective instruments with pride and a completely different smile on their faces to the garden.

Fab 5 started setting their instruments. All the children, Lara Maa and Navni got settled in front to see their live performance. Amidst all this, Nandini's gaze was fixed on Manik and his every move. She found Manik to be a little distracted, a little nervous, a little confused, a little hesitant. She saw him unable to start playing his guitar. She found fab 4 all set waiting for Manik to give his signal. All her doubts got confirmed when she heard Manik say..

Man: Guys.. I need some time.

Muk: I don't think Manik would be able to play music again.

Al: Me too, it is very difficult for him to start music again.

Cab: I will go check on him.

Dhr: I will come with you.

Cabir and Dhruv were going behind Manik when they saw Nandini too going behind him. They looked at each other and decided to see what Nandini is planning to do.

Manik after leaving the garden area came to the backyard and sat on a bench. He had covered his face with his palms. Nandini found him and silently came and sat next to him. On sensing someone's presence, Manik turns his head in that direction and finds Nandini sitting there. He turns his head again and looks straight. 

Man: I can't play Music, not anymore.

Nan: then don't.

Man: but I don't want to break Tarush's heart, his wish, his hope.

Nan: You know Mr. Malhotra, when champ wished that he wanted to walk, he wanted to fly but all I had in my mind was to make him walk, even if it was for a little time, but I wanted him to feel that happiness that he was craving for. So I decided to be his feet for that little time. Trust me, when Lara Maa tied those belts, I was scared.

Manik turned his head towards but she was still looking straight. 

Nan: Yes, I was scared, scared to take the first step, scared of many thoughts that were coming in my mind, what if I fail? Then Champ would fall too, what if he gets hurt? What if I won't be able to balance us? What if I fail to get him that happiness? I would fail him, but then when I saw him, his eyes had that faith on me, he had that belief on me that I won't fail him. He had that hope in his eyes which were pinned on me. He was eagerly waiting for that happiness not for once he was scared because he trusted me and that gave me the courage to take the first step. 

(Turning towards Manik)

You too need that courage Mr. Malhotra, just take the first step and you will find it easy to complete your steps. Believe me, you won't fail, because you have 4 strong pillars to support you, to hold you if you get imbalanced to stand with you, to encourage you. You have fab 5 with you, it's just one step Mr. Malhotra, just one step. I am sure you are strong enough for this step. 

She stands up to leave when he holds her wrist and stops her.

Man: How are you so sure?

Nan (turning back and looking at him, in his eyes): Because I believe in you.

Manik's grip on her wrist loosens and Nandini then goes away from there.

Manik smiles on recalling Nandini's words.

Man: She believes in me.

--*--*--*--*--

Back after a month.

Hope you guys are happy with an update finally.

Keep showering your love.

Love Love

Anks