• Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

"I'm leaving right now! I literally live ten minutes away from the restaurant, if they don't want to wait then they can leave!" I roll my eyes as I grab my car keys off of the glass table in my foyer.

"Calm down drama queen, nobody said they were leaving." Milan sighs. "Just hurry up and get here before everybody gets drunk off of these cocktails."

"Alright I'll be there in a minute." Ending the call, I dropped the phone down inside my bag and checked myself in the mirror one last time before walking out the door.

If I had it my way, I would be bringing my 23rd birthday in on a yacht somewhere with my man. Not a dinner. Hell, it was Amir's idea and his ass isn't even coming. He said something about a problem they were having at their shipyard in Miami, to be honest I didn't hear a whole lot after he said he wasn't going to make it in time.

I wasn't upset per se because I know Amir is a busy nigga, but I would've felt a little less anxious if he was by my side. Between getting both of his new business ventures set up and flying back and forth between Atlanta and Miami every other day he has a lot on his plate, which I why I'm not really sweating him about missing this dinner.

Despite the circumstances, I would definitely say the last seven months have brought me and Amir even closer together than we were before. I didn't expect him to stick around, after it happened. First of all who wants to start a relationship that way? I know I wouldn't and that's why I offered him an out.

Of course he didn't take it, that's not who he was. Instead he kept loving me, even when it felt like it was impossible for me to return it. Whenever he's around me I feel safe and that's some shit you can't find everywhere. I love that man.

Stepping off of the elevator and into the parking garage, I popped the locks on my brand new black on black Mercedes Benz G63 which was only a few spaces down. It was cleaner than a motherfucker too. An early birthday gift from me to me.

Getting in, I tossed my things on the passenger seat before starting the car. I put on my seatbelt before I began backing out of the parking space. Once I was out of the garage, I did the dash towards the St. Regis Hotel. I rented out a private dining room to celebrate with my family and my closest friends.

It was about 9:15 when I arrived at the restaurant. Both Milan and Kyran were outside waiting for me. Along with one of our homeboys named Payton. He just so happened to be one of the most in-demand photographers in the A.

I pulled up in front of the valet booth before hopping out and pulling down the ends of my mini-dress. I told the valet parked that my keys were still inside and waited for him to give me my ticket before I walked around the car to where everybody was.

After they all told me happy birthday and we exchanged hugs, Payton got a few flicks of me by myself then some with Ky and Milan. These motherfuckers wanted to keep taking pictures but I had to remind them how they literally rushed me over here saying that everybody was waiting for me.

"Alright you have a point." Milan agrees with me. "Atleast give us a few more looks before you go inside. You gotta' show out for your return to the gram."

"Yeahhh sis!" Kyran co-signs as Payton continued to snap more pictures. "Let the girls know you're back on your bullshit!"

Playfully rolling my eyes at those two, just when I was about to pose for another picture I turned to my right and saw Amir trying to creep up on me. He was wearing that smile that I love so much and holding a huge bouquet of red roses. There had to be atleast one-hundred.