54. Here for You

''''''''''

Second request finished! I'm sorry for the late chapter for this request, I needed an idea on how to start the oneshot.

TW// Past emotionally abusive relationship

Thank you Bubb1egumm for the request! <3

''''''''''

Hunter laid on you bed, holding a book. He's eyes move side to side reading it. You sat on your desk staring at him with a scared but wary look. 

Hunter had told you he had feeling for you a month ago, and you felt the same, but you were cautious because your last relationship wasn't good. 

So, you accepted his feelings and you both started going out. But you were waiting. Waiting for him to hurt you. Asking why you ate so much. Asking why you don't look like someone more attractive.

You were waiting for him to degrade you. It's quiet in the room, the clock in your room ticking. 

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

His eyes landed on your and Hunter smiled at you. "Hey, Love. Why are you staring at me?" He asked.

You looked away quickly. "I'm not." You said stiffly. You heard a shuffle behind you and you felt someone wrap their arms around your shoulders.

Hunter. He rested his chin on your shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked in a soft voice, his eyes skimming your homework. "Is Hexside's homework difficult?"

You went to defend yourself, like you would have in your relationship with Ambrosius. You would always have to defend yourself. 

Until he put you through something so hard you kept quiet. But you're not going to stay quiet this time. 

"I'm not dumb." You snapped. 

You turned as Hunter let go of you, confused. "Huh? I-I never said you were." He said. You flushed embarrassed. 

You turned away crossing your arms. "Whatever."

Hunter leaned to the side to look at you. "Are you...okay?" He asked softly. 

"I'm fine," You said shortly. 

Hunter watched you for a minute before saying, "I don't think you are." He said. "Let's talk about it, okay?"

"Forget it, Hunter, I'm fine." You said. Tears sprang into your eyes. Hunter was quiet. He waited. You looked at him as your tears fell. He widened his eyes. "Why aren't you treating me like Ambrosius?" You asked quietly. "Just tell me you don't like me..."

Hunter came by your side, bring you in a hug. "Who's Ambrosius? I-I do like you though..."

You clung to him sniffing. "Ambrosius is someone I used to date. They used to hurt me emotionally...and I was...was waiting for you to do it too, I'm sorry..." 

Hunter pulled away slightly. "Why are you sorry..? It's not your fault for being careful. But you don't have to worry," He said.

You looked at him and felt his warm hands grab your cheeks as he leaned in and kissed your head. "I'm not going to hurt you." He continued in a quiet voice. He smiled. "I promise."

You leaned and put your head on his shoulder and hugged him around his waist. Hunter smiled a little more as he wrapped his arms around your back. 

"I really like you, Y/n..." Hunter said in your ear. 

You flushed closing your eyes. "I really like you too, Hunter..."