27. Freckles

Freckled!Nurse in training!Reader 

SHORT

Hunter's eyes flutter open and quickly meet a pair of e/c eyes and freckles sprinkled all over the owners face like cinnamon. Hunter gasped startled and sat up quickly, headbutting Y/n L/n in the process.

"Hunter!" You whined. "Owww..." 

"W-What are you doing?" He sputtered, his pale face blushing a light pink.

Your face felt hot. "Sorry, I wasn't doing anything weird," You caught Hunter's alarmed expression. "I swear, I wasn't...I just noticed there was something on your face. Just when I leaned in to get a closer look, you, um, woke up."

Hunter studied you, and you added, "I swear on Belos, that's all that happened..." The the two of you watched each other in silence. 

Hunter sighed. "Well, okay, so I guess you're telling the truth." You rubbed the back of your head and looked at him. "You have freckles. I just realized that."

"Do I actually have freckles? I never noticed..."

"Yeah, they're really cut--I mean. Cool.."

"Oh.."

Silence found it's way through and you smiled. "You know, you're all better now. You could leave the infirmary."

Hunter looked at you and blushed. "Actually, I was wondering...maybe we can hang out, even though my month is up.. But you don't have to. I figured that we could get to know each other and..hang out..but, uh, you don't have to if-"

You grinned. "Of course! Just let me check on Ruby, okay?"

Hunter nodded, gripping the front of his shirt, his face turning hot and pink. "Okay.."

"Hey," Hunter jumps as you tapped his shoulder. He turned around. You laughed and Hunter smiled, which is unlike him.

"Uh, hey.."

"What's should we do?"

He hesitates. "Well, am I good to fly on my staff and use my artificial magic?"

You raised an eyebrow. "It would add a check up, but yeah, you could."

Hunter nods, before he could lose his courage, he grabbed your hand and grabbed his staff. They teleport into a field of flowers that had a cool breeze.

"Whoa..." You murmured. Hunter opened his eyes to see him face to face with you. He looked at you and he saw your freckles sprinkled over your cheeks. They were cute...

Both your hands were connected, the two of you were close, but you weren't paying attention. You were gazing at the valley. Hunter looked away from your freckles and looked at it too, and it took his breath away. 

There was a calm river next to you and a field of flowers. Usually, Hunter would detest being in such a place with sunshine and colors. 

But he figured this would make you happy. And why he wanted to make you happy, he wasn't sure.

"So...do you like it?" He asked looking at your eyes. You grinned.

"Are you kidding, Goldie? I love it!" You seemed to finally notice how close you were and paused. Without planning on it, without even knowing what he was doing, you leaned in and your lips landed on Hunter's. His breath hitched.

You were kissing him. Hunter forgot about Belos, the human, the Coven and the Boiling Isles., and his problems and returned the kiss, his eyes closing. 

You both pull away and stare at each other.

"Well, that was interesting..." You murmured.

Hunter nodded once. "Y...Yeah. I...I didn't expect you to do that..."

You grinned. "Can I do it again?"

He blushed and looked away, and thought about it. You made him feel...happy? When he saw you, in his stomach, it felt tight and squirmy. 

Hunter looked at you. "...Yes..you can."