42. Belong

So I decided to continue this book CDOMFIE SooOOoOooOOoo- Yeah

Human realm AU

Short

Hunter stood in the doorway to the human cafeteria. Is this where humans eat...? He thought when he saw kids running, screaming and fighting. 

"Excuse me," You said coming up behind him. He turned. 

"Oh- Sorry..."

You looked at him. He wore a beanie that covered his ears and had a strand of blond hair in his face.  "You're that new kid in my gym class." You realized. "I'm Y/n!"

Hunter gulped. "Hi- Uh- I'm Hunter."

You smiled at him and he raised his eyebrows. "Do you want to eat lunch with me and my friends?"

He looked in the cafeteria and pressed his lips together. "Sure."

"Hunter, these are my friends Luz, Willow, Gus, and Amity." You grinned sitting down. For some reason, your friends stared at Hunter and he stared at your friends. They all wore expressions of shock.

"I-..." Hunter slowly sat down. "N-Nice to meet you." He muttered.

Luz frowned and looked at you before turning back to Hunter. "Uh- Yeah. You too. Y/n hasn't known us long, but we became inseparable when we met."

Hunter looked at the table. I shouldn't be near them. I don't belong with them. He thought.

You touched Hunter's shoulder. "Hey. Are you alright?" You glanced at the lunchline. "Are you hungry or...?"

"Uh, sure..."

You pulled him up, smiling. "Let's go to the lunch line together." 

He flushed. "Uh, yeah. Okay." He said and he let you pull him to the line. 

You looked at him. "Do you know them?" You asked.

He looked at you. "Know who?"

"My friends? You looked all looked surprised to see each other." You said grabbing two trays and handing him one.

Hunter gulped. "Uh...yeah.." He said slowly. "We all went to the same...school before we got transported-- I-I mean...before we transferred here."

You looked at him. "Really? Were you guys friends?"

"I wouldn't say friends. We. We didn't get along much." Hunter said picking some food. You grabbed your usual and nodded. 

"Oh. Well...That sucks. If you don't want to be friends with them, can you still be friends with me?"

Hunter looked at you quickly. "Us? Friends?" He repeated.

You flushed and started to walk quickly. "I- Um. Sorry, that was probably-"

Hunter caught up with you within seconds. "Wait!- I mean..Sure..I. I just never had a friend before.." He said smiling. "That was human.." He murmured.

You smiled, your heart racing. "Cool! Cool..We're friends!"

Luz watched you and Hunter take your times getting back to the table. "Alright, guys. What do we do about Hunter? Why is he here? In the human realm?"

"Does that mean Belos is here too?" Amity asked.

Luz nodded. "We'll get Hunter alone when we get the chance. It's most likely Belos is here too.."

Gus and Willow looked at you. 

"Should we tell Y/n about him?" Willow asked.

Amity shook her head. "No. Not yet. They're a human. They won't understand."

Luz looked at her. "But I understand..." She pouted. 

"That's because you lived in the demon realm for months, Batata." Amity said smiling and touching Luz's shoulder. "Y/n hasn't seen our world, let alone know why Hunter is dangerous."

"Okay! That makes sense. We'll get Hunter alone, and talk to him!" Luz decides.