51. Ready Now

Context: Hunter is have a mental breakdown. Caused by belos. He's twelve at the time, and witnesses belos torturing someone, soon the oneshot timeskips to right after hollow mind.

Hurt/comfort

Play song when you see these: ...

Hunter ran through the forest, his heart hammering against his chest. What he had witnessed, it made him panic. It made him freak out. He wasn't sure what to think. 

His body hit branches of the trees as he thundered through the forest. 

...

Your head turn startled. You paused from planting seeds for them to grow into food. You heard crying. And...footsteps running into your direction. 

You got up and stepped toward the sound and a few steps in, someone rammed into you, causing you both to fall. 

You looked opened your eyes and felt tear droplets land on your face. Your eyes land on a boy with magenta eyes, as he looked back at you. He look back at you and got up. 

"Hey..." You said softly sitting up. "Are you okay?"

The boy made a whimpering sound before kicking back. You study him. You looked back and grabbed a wrapped sandwich from your basket. You offered it out to him. "Okay...Do you want to come inside for Succubus Tea?"

He noticed there was no coven sigil on your wrist. Then he looked at the sandwich you held to him. 

He pressed his lips together. He looked back into the forest. He nodded, silent. 

You smiled and got up, holding out your hand. "Okay. What's your name?"

He looked at you, frowning before taking. "I-...I'm Hunter."

"Hi, Hunter. I'm Y/n." You said pulling him up. "I'm sure we're going to become good friends."

4 years later- Hunter visited you everyday since you met. You were planting some seeds when you heard his footsteps again. It felt like deja vu. 

You turned your head and saw Hunter. You got up and he reached you. "Y/- Y/n! I need to hide-- I- I don't-"

You saw through me, all this time...I'd forgotten people are kind

You touched his shoulders. "Love, calm down. What's wrong?" He tears up and he stared at you. He started to choke up.

 I was hurting and you knew, so you showed me what to do

You smiled. You said, "I will listen, tell it all. When you're finished, we'll talk more." And you led him in the house.

But I didn't know how, so we took it in turns..

He sighed. "I...I did something wrong."

And to my surprise, we found my words..

"I...I did something to make the emperor mad. He tried to kill me." He whispered.

Feet firm on the ground

You widen your eyes. "What..?"

We stood hand in hand

He looked you in your eyes. His beautiful magenta eyes were full of sadness. "Y/n...I'm a Grimwalker."

The world seemed to tell me

You opened your mouth, shocked. You looked down. 

That I have a plan

You've read about Grimwalkers before. You didn't think it'd actually be possible to make them...

Together we sang...I'm ready now.

You looked at him. "Oh...How?" You asked. He looked down. 

"Belos said I looked exactly like someone. I don't know who...But please believe me-"

Something new, something strange

You brought him in a hug. You just felt like he needed one. 

Hunter widened his eyes before hugging back. 

Ten feet taller, I had changed

You pulled away before smiling. "I believe you..."

I'm not wrong, oh, it suits me to feel strong

He looked down. He's a grimwalker. He's just a copy of someone. He tensed. You touch his cheek. You said, "I will listen, tell me it all..." You put your forehead to his. "You don't like the ending? Then we'll find on that's yours..."

He teared up as he looked at you. 

Oh, how did you know that's all we need? A promise of hope os enough to feel free...

He smiled a sad smile, closing his eyes. 

Feet firm on the ground

He pulled away. You looked, confused.

We stood hand in hand

"Hunter?"

And I told the world that I have a plan

He looked at you, a blush on his face as he said...

Together we sang

"Thank you...Y/n."

I'm ready now.