14~ Slushies

"So what do you want to do after practice? We could go to either my house or yours to work on the project." Logan asked as we walked from lunch to psychology.

I shrugged. "I'm fine with either."

"Let's go to mine. Mace has been begging me to bring you back over to play again" he laughed.

"She was sweet. Are you sure you're mom is okay with me coming over? She seemed kind of upset last time"

He shook his head. "We talked about it. Macy wouldn't shut up about you and how nice you are and I assured Mom about how amazing you are. She's fine with you coming over but she wants to get to know you a little more."

"I would love to get to know her. She sounds pretty great" I smiled.

"She really is. You can stay over for dinner tonight if you want to" He offered.

"I'd have to ask my dad but it sounds good to me" I said as we entered Trody's class.

We sat in our normal spots just before the bell rang. We never normally cut it that close. Other kids walked in just as the bell rang and seconds after it.

Mr. Trody directed us to open our books as he continued the lesson for the week. Today's lesson was about hypnosis. It was actually a cool lesson to listen to and learn about.

Mr. Trody gave us a short worksheet. It didn't take long especially if you read the book and listened to the lesson. After we finished, he gave us free rein to talk among our partners.

I quickly texted my dad and asked if I could stay at Logan's for dinner. He said I could as long as I was home by nine.

"We're all set for dinner. I have to be home by nine. I hope that's not a problem" I said.

He smiled at me. "Not at all"

"Okay perfect" I smiled back.

The bell rang and we hopped out of our seats and gathered our things.

Our project was actually getting close to being done. The rest was essentially condensing all of our research into ten slides and practicing our presentation. The second part will be a little bit hard.

Logan walked me to class against my will. I told him to get to class on time but this time he was being extra stubborn. I thought that was my job.

"Bye Cora, see you later. Wait, are you allergic to anything?"

"Pickles but other than that no" I said.

"Do you like seafood? My mom is making fried shrimp tacos"

A smile spread over my face. "I love seafood"

I never get to eat sea food because everyone at my house hates it. They claim their allergic to it, but we all know it's a lie.

"Good" waved bye and walked to class.

"Why does he need to know your allergies?" Carter asked curiously but also guarded. He always gets like that around personal things. Even with people he knows. It's weird.

"I'm having dinner at his house tonight after we work on our psych project" I answered. "I finally get to eat seafood for the first time in almost a year"

"Mm seafood" Remi hummed as she sat in her seat.

Carter made a disgusted face. It was a big mistake.