8~ His New Friend

"Hey sweetie, how was your day?" Harper asked as I walked into the house. She whipped something up in a bowl.

"Good, what are you making?" I asked as I walked over to her.

"Cookies." She answered.

I hummed happily. "How was your day? Anything intriguing happen?"

"Oh yeah those old folks really know how cause a big ruckus. Drama all over the place, screaming grandmothers and all that" she joked.

I laughed with her. "Yeah I bet"

Harper worked at a nursing home in the next town over. It never took long to drive there, thirty minute drive tops.

"Where's the nugget?" I asked.

"She is with her friend until Carter picks her up after practice. They had a play date scheduled for a while but we've all been so busy. She was so excited to go today" she chuckled at tte thought of her daughter.

"That's cute. Do you want any help?" I asked.

She nodded and scooted over so I could reach the bowl. I turned on some music and helped pour in the chocolate chips.

The oven beeped, telling us it was ready. We sang along to songs together and laughed when one of us messed up. We finished putting the cookies on the pan and put them in the oven.

We talked a little bit more about our days as we waited for the cookies to bake. Our favorite song came on "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice. We looked at each other before breaking into song.

"All right stop collaborate and listen" she sang.

"Ice is back with a brand new invention" I came in.

We rapped the rest of the song together screaming at the top of our lungs like a pair of teen girls, though only one of us were such.

We heard slow clapping after our performance to see Dad and the boys looking at us with amused looks on their faces.

"What a show, girls" Dad laughed.

"And I thought I was the funny one in the family" Coop said.

My face lit up as I realized him for the first time.

"Coop!" I squealed and ran into his arms. He hugged me back with a laugh.

"I missed you, Coco." He said into my shoulder.

We all talked and Dad started on dinner. We were having burgers. Dad fixed way to many burgers. There were at least four more than there people in the house.

"Dad that's too many burgers" I pointed out.

"We might have some guests coming over. They'll be here soon." He shrugged and went to turn on the grill.

A smile spread across my face. I didn't know who was coming over, but I had a feeling it was the boys and Remi, maybe even Logan.

"Harp, I think your cookies are done" Coop called from the fridge. He was grabbing something to drink.

Harper and I both jumped up to get the cookies out of the oven. They looked and smelled absolutely delicious.

Connor reached over to grab a cookie but I smacked his hand before he could touch it. "No cookies until after dinner"

He pouted but walked away anyway. We got the cookies to the cooling rack.

Soon enough the doorbell rang and I was the only one in the house. I walked over to the door and opened the front door.