15~ Homecoming

It's finally homecoming and the day we turn in our projects. We also have to present but if we're lucky we'll get to go Monday and not today. If I present today, I have to do it in my cheer uniform in front of everyone.

"Are you excited or nervous?" Logan asked as we sat down in our seats.

"I'm nervous as hell. I don't speak in front of people. I'm good at communicating and small talk, not public speaking."

"It's okay, we're doing this together. I'll be there with you" he said assuringly.

I sighed in relief. Knowing I wasn't going to be the only one up there made me feel a little bit better.

"Okay do I have everyone's presentations?" Mr. Trody asked. No one objected so it was time to start presenting. "Do we have any volunteers?" He asked.

The room was silent. No one wanted to volunteer.

"We will" Logan said from beside me as he stood up.

I almost gave myself whiplash as I turned my head to face him. "Logan, no" I protested.

"Let's get it done with, Cor" he whispered.

He was right but I really didn't want to go first. I reluctantly agreed and walked up to the board.

"Our project was over the two different types of insomnia" Logan started. "Insomnia is a sleep disorder which prevents those that have it from falling asleep and staying asleep"

"T-the two types of insomnia a-are" I took a deep breath and looked over at Logan. "The two types of insomnia are acute, or short-term, and chronic, continuous, insomnia. Acute insomnia is mainly caused by stress, pressure, or a traumatic event. This type of insomnia could last days or weeks."

Logan picked up where I left off. "Chronic insomnia is often caused by another problem, such as medical conditions, medicine, and certain substances." Logan explained

The presentation took off from there.

"As W.C. Fields says 'the best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.'" Logan and I finished at the same time. The class clapped for our presentation and we made our way back to our seats.

"Thank you Logan and Cora. Very good presentation" Mr. Trody said as we sat down. He called on the next group and we watched the other presentations.

The class was over and Logan walked me to my next class.

"How was the presentation?" asked Remi as Carter kissed her head and sat down in his seat.

"It was surprisingly not bad. I think we aced it." I told her as I sat down. "I was shocked I got through it without running out of the classroom." I laughed.

"Damn, I was betting you would screw everything up" he pulls out his wallet and hands Remi five bucks. 

I looked at the pair with wide eyes. "You two bet on me?" I asked offended.

"Only because I had full faith in you" Remi said. "I bet you'd be perfectly fine"

"At least someone has faith in me" I rolled my eyes at Carter. Class started and we listed.
***
"It's homecoming, holy shit I'm so nervous" Tommy said.

"Why? It's just like normal" Carter said.

"There's gonna be like three times the normal amount of fans there." Tommy said.

Carter shrugged. "Doesn't seem that bad."

"Yeah coming from the person who eats up the spotlight whenever he gets the chance" Tommy said sarcastically and shrugged off Carter.