4~ The New Guy

"Coco, we're about to head to practice are you coming?" Dad asked before sitting next to me on the couch. I paused my show and looked at him.

"I want to but I don't want to leave Bandit. He missed me too much for me just to leave again" I said as I pet his head.

"Bring him with us. Get his leash and frisbee and meet us in the car in five." He kissed my cheek and walked off.

I looked over at Bandit and his ice blue eyes looked up at me as he tilted his head.

"Wanna go for a ride, Bandy?" I asked him in a puppy voice.

He was up and running to the door the second I said ride. He loved to go for rides and walks. I laughed and went to my room to get his things and some shoes on. My hair was still braided from yesterday. Even though it was really messy I decided to just leave it.

I walked down stairs and met the boys in the car. Carter was already sitting up front. I just hopped in the back without a fight. They turned the music on and we left. Bandit was sitting in my lap with his head out of the window.

We finally pulled up to the field and I already saw some of my friends from last year. A smile formed on my face as I happily got out of the car. Apparently Bandit was just as happy and bolted out of my hold on the field with the boys.

"Bandit!" I yelled as he jumped happily on everyone. "Get down!"

He nearly toppled over some freshmen. He stopped on someone I haven't seen before. He had fluffy brown hair and blue eyes. He jumped all around him. I got closer and grabbed his leash. "Sit" I ordered and he obeyed.

"I'm sorry. He's just a little excited." I told the kid. "I haven't seen you around before. Are you new?" I asked him.

"Yes, I'm the quarterback. I just moved in to town."

Quarterback? What did the boys say about the quarterback?

"Logan Bailey" he smiled and reached his hand out to me. I shook it. "I know I'm new, but I haven't seen you before. Do you normally come to practices, or just walking your dog?"

He didn't know who I was. With me coming back I'm surprised Dad hasn't threatened the entire team. "Yeah I'm normally here. I've just been out of town recently. Got back yesterday. I'm-"

"Coco!" Dad called.

"Coming!" I called back. "I gotta go, but see you later I guess" I waved and walked away. Bandit fell in step with me as I got to Dad.

"Yes?" I asked as we came up to him.

He handed me his credit card. "I need a drink run. Can you go get me a sprite? Riley's is fine. Get yourself something too, it's hot out today."

"Got you Dad" I said and turned and walked to the car. Then I realized he still had the keys.

I turned around the same time he called my name. I reached my hand up to catch the keys as he threw them at me. After that I ran to the car and got buckled and ready to leave.

Bandit sat in the passenger seat with his head stuck out the window. I rolled my window down and blasted music. I pulled into Riley's. I should only be in for a minute, so Bandit should be fine.

I turned off the car and left the windows open. I ordered a sprite and a big red and got it within a few minutes. I headed back out to the car and went back to the field.

The boys were huddled up when I pulled in. They probably just finished stretching and warm up.

I grabbed the drinks and walked up behind them. I caught many by surprise. I don't think half the team knew I was here. The freshmen had no idea who I was.