17~Halloween

It's been a week since the wreck and Halloween is in just one week. I'm a little bit excited to hand out candy. I don't know exactly what I'm going to dress up as yet.

"What should I be for Halloween? Rem and Car are going as Sandy and Danny. Lena and Con are going as Woody and Buzz. The boys are all going as the incredible." I asked Will over FaceTime.

I sat up on my bed holding the phone out in front of me.

"I'll dress up with you if you want to. Ellie asked me to dress up with her, but I will 100% tell her no if you want to do something together."

The fact that he'll change his costume to match with me melts my heart.

"Babe, you don't have to. I don't want to be a burden and make you match with me."

"Snowflake" he said seriously. "You will never be a burden."

"I just don't want you to go through all the trouble to find a costume to match with me. The things we'll be doing are so dynamically different."

"If this is about me getting embarrassed because I'm matching with my girlfriend, you don't need to worry. I'll do anything for you. My friends don't care what I look like for Halloween."

There's a lot of different reasons why I didn't really want him to have to dress up with me and I didn't want to discuss it over the phone.

"I have to go, but I love you, okay? You pick the costume and I'll dress up   I promise" he blew a kiss and me and hung up the phone.

I never even got a chance to say goodbye to him.

Before I could control it, tears fell from my eyes. I fell back on my bed and cried. I don't know why I'm crying so much.

There was a soft knock on my door before it opened. I tried to wipe away the tears before whoever was at the door could see them.

"Cora? Sweetie, are you okay?" Harper asked and rushed over to me on the bed. She sat by my legs.

"I don't know." I answered and sat up.

"Is it Will?" She asked softly.

I nodded slightly. "He told me that he would dress up for Halloween with me if I wanted to. He was gonna dress up with his friends but he changed that for me."

"That's so cute of him."

"What if I embarrass him? No one's gonna think it's cute that he's dressing up with his high school girlfriend. I don't want to put him through that." I worried.

"Who cares what other people think? He's not doing it for them. He's doing it for you. There's more than just a Halloween costume, isn't there?"

"I just feel like a burden on his shoulders" I admitted.

"Cora, you will never be a burden on that boy. He is head over heels in love with you and you couldn't change that even if you tried. I've never seen two kids more in love than you two."

"Something makes me feel like I'm holding him back from friends and his college experience. I don't think I should be the reason he changes everything"