9~ Suprise

"Hey Cor, guess what day it is?" Tommy said happily as he sat next to me in our shared physics class.

"I'm gonna assume the same day it has been since you asked me this morning." I laughed.

"It's game day baby" he exclaimed.

"I would never have guess that" I teased.

We were playing the same team we played last summer. The same team with Jonah on it.

"I'm hyped" he said excitedly and continued to go on and on about how excited he was to play tonight. The bell rang and he continued to go on until the teacher stopped him.

After physics it was our lunch period. The boys were all excited. Logan had never played the other team but he was just as excited. They act like this is the game getting them to state championships but we're a long way from there. State championships isn't until December and it's the beginning of September.

"I'm really happy for all of you, but please one more word about football and I might slit your throat" Remi threatened. She learned from the best, me of course.

I laughed and the boys all agreed. Carter kissed her cheek as a peace offering. If anything, he'd be the first to go.

"I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30 so I won't be in Art today." Remi told me.

"What's the appointment for?"

"Just a check up, nothing big. Today was the only day we could schedule it. I'll be back in time for the game.

I nodded in understanding. The bell rang and we all went to our respective classes. Logan and I walked together as we always did and sat in our usual seat next to each other.
***
Halfway through the game we were losing by sixteen points. We could totally come back from it, but I think the boys were beginning to get discouraged.

The cheer team broke up for halftime and I made my way to Harper and Sky. Sky ran up to my arms.

"Hey nugget" I ruffled her hair and made my way to sit by Harper.

"Why is daddy mad?" She asked. Dad was visibly upset as he walked to the locker room to yell at the boys.

"The boys aren't doing good. He's just upset at them"

"Daddy is a sore loser" she said seriously with a huff.

Harper and I died laughing at her. She always said the cutest things.

"Yeah he is, isn't he?" I laughed.

"What are your plans for this weekend?" Harper asked me.

"I'm going to try to make Kenzie and Grayson's soccer games tomorrow morning, but other than that I don't have anything going on. What about you?"

"Sky and I are going down to Galveston to see my parents for the weekend. She hasn't seen them in a while and she's excited. It had to be two years since we last saw them, but my Dad isn't doing so good. I really want to see him in case something happens, you know?" Her yes welled you with tears.

I wrapped my left arm around her shoulders and gave her a squeeze. "It's okay Harp, I hope your Dad gets better. I really would love to meet him one day" I smiled at her.

She gave me a weak smile back. "Thank you Cora. He would like you."

"I'm sorry Harp, but I have to go back down there. I'll see you after the game"

"No it's okay, you have to go. See you later."

I gave her one last hug before going back to the field to cheer. I grabbed my poms just before the second half started and the boys ran back out of their tunnels.