24~ The Present

You better believe that we partied for days once we got back home. Nick hosted parties almost every day for a week.

I was sitting in the living room with the boys. Logan, Nick, Tommy, and Connor came over that Sunday.

A phone rang and we looked around to find who's it was.

"Cor, it's yours. Who's Christian?" Logan asked and looked at my phone.

"Oh gimmie" I clapped as I prepared for him to toss it to me. He tossed it to me and I ran upstairs.

"Hey Christian." I chirped into the phone.

"Hey mama. What did you give Will?" He asked seriously.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "What do you mean? I didn't give him anything."

"Well there's ripped up wrapping paper and a paper ball that has your named signed at the bottom." He explained.

I thought back. His birthday present. I gave it to him the day of the fight and he promised he'd open it on his birthday.

"It's his birthday present I gave him the day before he left" I explained. "Is there a bracelet anywhere around there?"

I heard some rustling and then Christian's voice. "No I don't see a bracelet. Is that the gift?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah it is. Text me if you see it." I told him.

"Okay I will." He told me.

"Christian, I don't know what to do. I am in love with Will, but he doesn't talk to me. He won't apologize. He doesn't call or text me. I want to be with him for the rest of my life, but right now it doesn't seem like we're gonna get over this bump in the road. How are we gonna make it for life, if we can't make it now? I don't want our relationship to end over something so stupid."

"Cora, we all know that one of the major things needed to keep a relationship going is communication. Right now you aren't talking and your relationship is not so great. Will doesn't know that you want to talk to him. He thinks you don't want to talk him"

I sat on my bed and sighed. "He should want to fix this. How will he if he doesn't pick up the phone and call me?" I asked.

"Communication isn't a one way street. It goes both ways." He said.

"Why do I have to call him? He's the one who argued with me and he has to apologize" I scoffed.

"So you're telling me you didn't say anything you need to apologize for and tell him you didn't mean it?"

I stayed silent. He was right. I said a lot that I didn't mean. I didn't want him to leave.

"I told him to leave and come back when he stopped trying to dictate my life" I said softly. "I didn't want him to actually leave. I wanted him to push back and tell me that he was staying until we fixed it. He didn't even try to come back or say goodbye. He didn't want to come back."

"Cora, you told him to leave. So that's what he did. He didn't know what you really wanted."

"Why are you defending him Christian? He's the one who initiated the whole fight. Don't pick sides"

"Woah woah woah!" He exclaimed. "I'm not picking sides! I'm merely giving you a second perspective. As a guy I have to say, when girls say one thing and mean a completely different thing, it is really confusing for the simple minded, still developing their brains guys. Girls are confusing."

He has a point.

He sighed. "Look Cora, all I'm saying is that Will doesn't know what you want. So he's going off of what you told him. You're mad and didn't want to talk to him. The only way to change that is calling him yourself and telling him what you want, or else your relationship is going to continue like this"