29~Christmas

I woke up with a jolt to my bed.

"Wake up wake up! It's Christmas!" A little ball of energy squealed in my ear.

I groaned and sat up. I opened my eyes, still groggy with sleep. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the light. I noticed Mom, Dad, and Coop were standing in my doorway.

"Good morning" Dad said and walked over and kissed my head. "There's donuts and hot coco in the kitchen."

"Let's go let's go let's go" Sky squealed and dragged me down the stairs. Once she got to  the bottom she took off to her presents waiting with anticipation.

Obviously, it's been a couple days since the party. Logan kept trying to text and call me, but I ignore him. Will texted me a couple times a day to check in on me. Things were a little bit awkward, but I pretended they're weren't.

I made my way downstairs in my Christmas PJs. I could see the tree lights sparkling in the morning sun.

I grabbed a donut from the box and sat down with Carter in the floor. Coop was sitting on the floor closer to the wall.

Connor and Lena walked in and there were greetings. They sat on the floor together.

The Christmas presents were passed out. Sky was so excited to start.

"Get ready." Dad started slowly.

"Get set" she said slowly.

Sky groaned. "You're killing me."

We all laughed.

"Go" dad said really fast. Sky dug into her first present.

I opened mine at a natural pace. The first one was as fuzzy blanket. It was so soft. I immediately put it up to my skin.

I opened it and put it around my shoulders. I put the trash in a pile and moved on to my next present. It was a phone case and some jewelry. It was simple and cute. I was getting bored of my old one anyway. The jewelry was pretty.

I opened my next one. It was a crewneck sweatshirt and a neck bandana for Bandit. The crewneck had Port Aransas embroidered on the chest. It reminded me of last year. That was the best trip I had ever been on.

I got up and hugged Mom and Dad. "Thank you for the gifts."

"You're welcome sweetie" Mom said.

"Sissy, sissy look what I got!" Sky held up two Barbie dolls.

"Wow nugget, that's really cool." I said and leaned down to her level.

She grabbed my arm and dragged me over to her other gifts. She showed me all of them. Some I helped Mom pick out. I think she got the most gifts out of everyone since she was the youngest.

"The Erickson's and Remi's family are coming over for lunch. Please clean up a little bit and eat some breakfast." Dad said.

"The Erickson's are coming?" I asked.

Mom and Dad nodded. "Yes, Karla, Lauren and I are making lunch" Mom answered.

That meant I'd have see Will for the first time since the party. I was extremely nervous.

I helped throw away all of the trash. I made sure that none of the presents were accidentally thrown away. It would suck to realize that someone lost a gift after we took the trash out.

We all ate donuts and just sat together for a long time. I slipped on my new phone case. I put Bandit's new bandana on him. He wagged his tail happily.

Sky was playing with her Barbie's and her tea set. We haven't broken out her karaoke machine yet, but she's excited for it.

"Okay Dad we're going over to Lena's parent's for lunch" Connor said and hugged Dad.