21~ Engaged

Thanksgiving break was the best week I had in a while. Everyone came back home and we were together again. It felt like last summer all over again.

"Hey Chantel" I greeted as I walked behind the counter. I put my things away and checked in to my shift.

"Hey Cor, how long are you working today?" She asked me.

"Until one" I answered.

I normally started at the counter and cleaned tables when it was necessary. I put a smile on my face and waited for some customers.

"Can you clean off table four and the bar?" She asked and nodded her head to the table.

I nodded and grabbed the cleaning supplies. I walked over to the table and put all the dishes in the bucket. I wiped down the table and booth.

The door rang. I didn't bother looking up to see who walked in.

"Where's my amazing sister that works here and gives me her discount?" Cooper sang from the counter.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him and the boys. "Chantel, make him pay extra" I winked at her and went to the kitchen. I put the dishes in the dishwasher.

I heard Coop make a commotion from the back. I rolled my eyes and walked back up there.

"What are y'all doing here anyway?" I asked them.

They already ate breakfast. I would know I was the one who helped Mom cook it.

"Came to see you snowflake" Will smiled from behind my idiotic brothers.

I smiled back at him. "I appreciate it when you do babe, but did you have to drag the nitwits here too?" I fake pouted.

"We came to ask a question." He defended. I looked at him to continue. "We're going to the lake and wanted to ask if you wanted to come? After your shift of course."

I smiled at my boyfriend. "Yes I would love to. You're about three hours and forty eight minutes too early."

Chantel laughed. "She's right order or leave you're holding up the line"

Coop looked behind the group, finding no one behind them. "What line?" He smirked.

"Shut up you knew what I meant"

"Do you want to come with us, Chantel?" He asked.

"I guess could try to clear my schedule." She pretended to be uninterested. I knew her more than she thought I did.

Coop smiled at her. "Ok perfect. See you then" he drummed his fingers on the counter and turned to leave with the rest the boys.

"Goodbye Cooper"

"Bye Chantel" he waved as he walked backwards out of the door.

I gave her a knowing look.  She blushed and looked away. "Shouldn't you be working" she joked.

"Only if you admit you like Cooper" I smirked.

She threw a rag at me. "Go wipe down some tables" she laughed.

I caught it with a smile on my face. "I knew it" I laughed and went to wipe down some others tables.

They'll be together sooner or later.

After my shift, Will picked me up and we promised to pick Chantel up from her house in ten minutes.

"You look amazing in your swimsuit, snowflake" Will said as I walked out of the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "Thank you" I laughed and threw my old clothes in the laundry hamper.

I was wearing a mauve knot bikini top with slightly cheeky white bottoms. I threw on a pair of denim shorts and threw together my lake bag.