Bonus chapter~ C'est La Vie

"Mommy, I don't feel good." Not so little Pam said when she woke me up at three in the morning.

At least I didn't have to go to work today but sadly Will did.

"What's wrong honey?" I asked her and put the back of my hand on her head. I don't think she had a fever but she was pretty warm.

"My tummy hurts" She whined. She didn't sound too good. She sounded sick.

"Well let's see what we can do about that," I said and got out of bed. I tried not to wake Will up as I did so.

He turned over and noticed I was gone. "What's wrong?" He asked groggily.

"Nothing babe, go back to sleep you have work tomorrow morning," I told him and kissed his head.

I picked up nine-year-old Pam and walked her to the kitchen and sat her on the counter. I turned on the light so I could see what she looked like.

Her face was pale and under eyes were purple. She looked exhausted. I doubt she slept very much. 

I felt her head again and it seemed hotter. I took out the thermometer and took her temperature. It was 99.8. I poured her some medicine to reduce her fever.

"Did you throw up, Pam?" I asked her. She shook her head. "Tummy hurts?" She nodded. "Take this and go back to bed, okay? You'll feel better when you wake up" I kissed her head and took her down to her room.

Ken was still sound asleep in her bed. I put Pam back in bed and kissed her head. I hoped she would go to sleep.

I went back to my room and got into bed.

"What happened?" Will asked and wrapped his arms around me.

"Pam said her stomach hurt and she had a low-grade fever. I gave her some medicine and put her back in bed." I said.

He kissed my temple. "I would've done that. You just came back from a long shift." He told me.

I know it's been thirteen years, but my heart still swells and I get butterflies every time he does or says something so sweet.

"You have work tomorrow morning. You should go to bed." I told him.

"Goodnight snowflake" he whispered and kept his arm draped over me.

"Goodnight my love" I whispered back and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to find Pam asleep on the bathroom floor. She took her pillow and blanket in there. I knew she didn't feel good.

"Mommy, I don't feel good either," Kennedy told me when she woke up.

Of course, she doesn't. She either got sick from Pam or is copying her.

"Come here" I picked her up and sat her on the counter. I felt her face, she didn't feel warm. She didn't look pale or anything either. Leading me to believe she's just copying Pamela.

Just to make sure, I washed the thermometer before checking her temperature. It was 97.4. She definitely didn't have a fever, but I should probably monitor her anyway.

No school for either of them today I guess. I got her off the counter and told her to go watch cartoons while I cook breakfast.

I made eggs, sausage, bacon, and toast. Will ate breakfast and got all his stuff together.

"Have a good day sweetheart" I said and kissed him. "I love you"

"I love you too, snowflake. Call me if you need anything. I'll do everything I can." He kissed me again before a little one came up running and jumped into his arms.